Indiana Jones And The New Disney Movies Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Indiana Jones And The New Disney Movies Thread

Post by Ben » April 8th, 2023, 3:34 am

We're thinking the same! Not sure I can wait the couple of months, however brief that is, before it hits D+, but it won’t be first weekend for us, maybe not even first week, but a quiet day in the second week is looking like a definite possibility!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 24th, 2023, 3:11 pm

New pic:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 24th, 2023, 3:28 pm

So amazing how much he still looks like Indy. I guess that’s what they mean by “the role of a lifetime.” :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 24th, 2023, 3:59 pm

Total Film Magazine covers:

ImageImage

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 24th, 2023, 5:04 pm

Really wish they’d have persuaded Drew Struzan to come out of retirement one last time to do Harrison's last. These close-but-not-quite approximities just don’t quite pack the same feel. Fun to see Baby Bowler's ball on the right, though… ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 26th, 2023, 9:05 pm

Apparently Spielberg just saw, and loved this movie! :)

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/new ... f-destiny/
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 15th, 2023, 4:10 pm

Clip from the Tuk Tuk chase scene:

Getting Last Crusade Venice chase vibes from the score. I think this scene encapsulates what made the first and third movies fun and what Crystal Skull was missing, peril and banter!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 15th, 2023, 6:34 pm

Ooh, noooo! It looks all awful and digital! And that sound mix!? How are they just talking to each other with all that going on? Did like the sticks death at the end tho!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » May 16th, 2023, 10:43 pm

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/indiana-j ... disney-us/
Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy announced today at The Walt Disney Company’s Upfronts Presentation that the iconic “Indiana Jones” movies and series will be available to stream on Disney+ in the United States starting May 31st 2023.

Fans can stream “Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark,” “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom,” “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade,” “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull,” and the television series “The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones” before the final instalment of the beloved franchise, “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny,” opens exclusively in theaters June 30th 2023.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 17th, 2023, 4:37 am

I’m most excited for Young Indy, which I got the first season of on DVD in the day, before struggling with it (and actually selling it on to Rand!), so I wouldn’t mind giving that another go and thing to get through the whole run. I found the show very dry, especially in its early days, but having it to hand at the end of a remote dies make it more convenient to dropping one on every now and then.

The movies I’ve seen ad infinitum and can pretty much quote as they’re playing. Even the "evil one" I’ve ended up seeing probably around five times now, bizarrely. I used to call it "the fourth film in the Indiana Jones trilogy" :lol: which I guess I can’t do anymore if this one does turn out to be great. But I’m pleased these films will live forevermore where they should be. In the Star Wars box on D+ (why don’t they just call that Lucasfilm!?).

D+ could still be, or at least look like, so much more if they really leaned into their different divisions and franchises: add proper options for 20th Century, The Muppets and Lucasfilm, and fill those boxes with more/all content, and it would instantly feel better value just by moving some things around!

Anyway, good for Indy. I’m still hoping the new one opens with some kind of Paramount mountain visual reference, as is a series tradition… :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 18th, 2023, 2:02 pm

Featurette:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 18th, 2023, 5:50 pm

Ooh, interesting to see the contracted credits: Disney actually takes a presenting credit (they must be pleased with it!), and we get the association with Paramount, so there’s hope for the mountain as they could do the Disney and Lucas logos up front and go into the Paramount that fades into the movie…

Also love that we get the de-aged opening sequence, as we can go from the original trilogy straight to this one and the passage of time will feel like the young Indy/cut to Indy Indy on the boat in Last Crusade. So hopefully we can skip Numb Skull and the jump from the 30s to later will have more of an emotional bump as Indy thought all that was behind him. Nice if it all works out like that! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 18th, 2023, 9:05 pm

Ooh, noooo!

"Short on thrills and fun"… :(

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 1235495914

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 18th, 2023, 10:27 pm

Pretty much how I felt about the trailer, so I am not surprised. However, I will dutifully endeavour to enjoy it!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 19th, 2023, 4:26 am

Interesting they note the digital and fake feel. This is what kept jumping out at me too. And kind of a shame Waller-Bridge's character is Indy's goddaughter from some new, random pal and not Marcus Brody, which would have been more of a connection, as was first hinted. It’s clear Toby Jones is a Denholm Elliott stand-in, just like Jim Broadbent was, and John Hurt was for Connery.

Oh well, hopefully I’ll get into the (admittedly great looking) opening sequence and just enjoy it from there. It really can’t be any worse than Kingdumb Of The Numb Skull…

EDIT:

Oh dear: non-spoiler critic comments are in and a popular line is that it’s "better than the last one, but not by much". Only one rave among this handful of early blurbs:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235495961/