Pete's Dragon Remake

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Pete's Dragon Remake

Post by gaastra » February 20th, 2016, 11:26 am

Was sure there was a topic about this but search gave me nothing.

Anyways poster for the remake.

http://www.impawards.com/2016/petes_dragon.html

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Pete's Dragon Remake

Post by Dacey » February 20th, 2016, 1:03 pm

The remake's called "Pete"s Dragon"?

;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » February 20th, 2016, 4:35 pm

Such atmosphere! :shock:

Can these be far behind..?

:roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 20th, 2016, 5:19 pm

Droo: :)

Disney: :(

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » February 20th, 2016, 5:41 pm

The teaser Disney showed at D23 barely gave us any Elliot, which of course isn't seen until the end. Pete brushes his hand over Elliot's fur on his paw just as he's about to go chameleon (or invisible, whichever they decide to do for this version).

And I'm getting a Last Guardian vibe from Elliot's silhouette.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » February 20th, 2016, 8:09 pm

Y'know, comic-book heroes and steampunk seem kinda 'hot' with the kidz, these days. :twisted:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 21st, 2016, 2:16 am

:D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 21st, 2016, 3:40 am

I see all these happening, somewhat sadly...but who wouldn't be up for a really cool Condorman redo!?

Especially with that poster! :D

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 21st, 2016, 3:24 pm

I've literally never heard of "Condorman" before now. But from the posters it seems James Bond "inspired"?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 21st, 2016, 3:37 pm

droosan wrote:Such atmosphere! :shock:
Can these be far behind..?
Yes, while it's okay to pile on the 10's Hollywood CGI onto Walt movies like Cinderella,101D and Jungle Book, I suspect they're taking the Ron Miller era a BIT more seriously than it needs to be, for iconic value.
I share the same reaction of "So....I'm guessing this isn't a musical, then? :shock: "

I'd post a gritty Unforgiven-esque poster for the Apple Dumpling Gang, but I haven't got the Photoshops for that.
We've already had the NASCAR Herbie and the X-Files Witch Mountain.
Dan wrote:The teaser Disney showed at D23 barely gave us any Elliot, which of course isn't seen until the end. Pete brushes his hand over Elliot's fur on his paw just as he's about to go chameleon (or invisible, whichever they decide to do for this version).
Dragons.....do not....have........FUR. Even 70's Elliott didn't.
Dacey wrote:I've literally never heard of "Condorman" before now. But from the posters it seems James Bond "inspired"?
One of the LAST (1981) Ron Miller house-brand live-action comedies before Never Cry Wicked changed the studio, and...looks like one of the last--
Michael Crawford (back when he still had a sense of humor) as a comic-book artist who insists on "researching" all his adventures personally, vs. more reasons to be seriously creeped out by Oliver Reed:
(And I only mention it because we've been seeing a lot more of Condorman as Disney marketing's starting to get overconfident about how many of its once 70's and 80's flops it can "rescue" through video-generation nostalgia, seeing as how it worked for The Rocketeer and Tron.
As my theater childhood recalls, I thought the original Pete's Dragon was a mess, too, but Island/Top seemed a lot cooler than it looks today.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 21st, 2016, 4:18 pm

Dacey wrote:I've literally never heard of "Condorman" before now. But from the posters it seems James Bond "inspired"?
I think Ben may now be officially offended. ;)

As Eric has shown, it's a cheesy 70s Disney flick (though beloved by some, like Ben and myself), available as a Disney Movie Club exclusive, or from eBay/Amazon Marketplace, etc.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 21st, 2016, 5:36 pm

And for rental on Vudu VOD, which, of course, has every single obscure Disney movie ever made. 8)
http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/13149/Condorman

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 21st, 2016, 6:56 pm

Condorman has a killer idea and Disney has a comics division to help pull it off.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » February 21st, 2016, 7:50 pm

EricJ wrote:I'd post a gritty Unforgiven-esque poster for the Apple Dumpling Gang, but I haven't got the Photoshops for that.

(though, technically .. I guess this is more of a 'remix' poster, than a 'remake' poster). :mrgreen:

EricJ wrote:We've already had the NASCAR Herbie and the X-Files Witch Mountain.
Not to mention remakes of The Parent Trap, Flubber, The Shaggy Dog and Freaky Friday.

Hence, stuff like Pete's Dragon coming up in rotation. :roll:

Ben wrote:Condorman has a killer idea and Disney has a comics division to help pull it off.
I'd actually really love to see (or even work on!) a new Condorman -- in movie or comic-book form. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 21st, 2016, 7:55 pm

Hey, the Freaky Friday remake was great!