Batman Begins

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 6th, 2004, 11:36 pm

Nicole Kidman is rumored for every role.

She was never attached to any Catwoman feature, but did of course windup in Bats Forever, where the scene of her getting out from her silk sheeted bed will forever be etched in my mind.

Oh my, she was hot in that movie! :oops:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Batman Forever

Post by ShyViolet » December 6th, 2004, 11:39 pm

I thought Batman Forever had some good qualities. They just weren't organized into a consistent story. I liked the very end when Two-Face flips the coin so he can decide what to do, and Batman throws in a whole bunch of other coins to mix him up, and that, like, drives him crazy.
Plus I think that Two-Face and Batman have some kind of exchange at the end, I can't remember what it was, but I do know that Two-Face calls him "Bruce" which adds a poignant note. Sorry I can't remember what was said! :roll:

Two-Face was certainly played as "crazy" but there was kind of a pained, demented aspect to his character that I thought was interesting. He was too-over-the-top, which might have been the point. It was like he was making fun of himself, for what he'd been and now what he became. I don't know if anyone else saw that as well.

Plus, (I think I"ve mentioned this before in the old forum) there was a really cool (ommited) scene where Sugar and Spice are doing their make-up in one of the mirrors in Harvey's house. (all of the mirrors are supposed to be covered.) Harvey sees that they uncovered one of the mirrors and runs screaming towards them. You think he's going for them, but then he takes a knife and starts stabbing his own reflection...

That would have added the very-much-needed element of "pathos" into BF. That film's main problem was that they didn't know what to focus on. Like Batman and Robin, too many characters. Plus Robin was played totally wrong. He was really annoying. :evil:

(That's just my opinion. He actually wasn't THAT bad, just too old IMO. He was much more annoying in B & R.)

Plus I can't believe that after all these years Michelle never got to star in even one Catwoman movie. And after a great performance like that.
I wonder what she thinks of HB's movie? :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » December 6th, 2004, 11:46 pm

That scene you were mentioning, Violet, concerning when Two-Face looks at Batman and tells Bruce that he has always been a good friend is very poignant. Too bad Batman then killed him... or did Two-Face, in his madness, kill himself. Or did Two-Face simply kill only Two-Face, for Harvey had been dead long before... [walks off to sit in a corner and reflect on the meaning of life]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » December 6th, 2004, 11:50 pm

By the way, why are you guys making fun of Catwoman now? That movie was great! In fact, I think that it may be the best movie of the year!

Oh wait, no, I am thinking about Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I don't know how I got those two mixed up, but anyway...
Last edited by mr. squarepants on December 6th, 2004, 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Two-Face

Post by ShyViolet » December 6th, 2004, 11:50 pm

Maybe the tiny part of Harvey that was left inside knew that he had to kill "himself" in order for Two-Face's reign to be over...... :idea:

*pondering.......*
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Stego » December 6th, 2004, 11:54 pm

mr. squarepants wrote:For crying out loud, folks, I just said that Batman Returns may be slightly better than Batman Forever, in order to give it the benefit of doubt. What is this? "Pick on Anyone Who Likes Batman Forever Day"?

To be quite honest, Batman Returns isn't without its plotholes. Why can't I like my Batman film, and you guys like yours, without jumping all over the folks who like Batman Forever?
You're absolutely right...sorry man. I didn't mean to insult ya. This is just a subject i tend to be pretty passionate about. I still like Batman Forever...i just am dissapointed in what the series became is all.

Oh, and Eternal Sunshine is sweet too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » December 6th, 2004, 11:58 pm

I am sorry that I got carried away too. I just thought that you guys were trying to make me look like an idiot.

I can do that by myself.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Stego » December 7th, 2004, 12:55 am

mr. squarepants wrote:I am sorry that I got carried away too. I just thought that you guys were trying to make me look like an idiot.

I can do that by myself.
:lol: no way, Man! At least...I wasn't. Any takers on this one?

Seriously though, this is just a heated lil' Batman debate...it's good for the blood!

By the way, has anyone seen the new animated series "The Batman" ? I haven't seen it yet, but my fellow bat-friends tell me it's kinda lame. Anyone else find it funny how WB feels they need to create a tv series to pump up interest for a movie that came after a movie they made a tv series for to pump up interest in? :? That makes sense! I read it!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 7th, 2004, 12:59 am

I haven't seen it either, because I haven't heard or read anything about it that makes me want to see it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Stego » December 7th, 2004, 1:19 am

I think they either changed the poster, or the one this whole thread has been based on was a fake. Either way, check out the official site and compare them for yourself: http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/

I dunno...as Goofy would say: "Sum-in' wrong 'ere"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Batmen

Post by ShyViolet » December 9th, 2004, 8:13 pm

Hmmm, so far Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney... what kind of job will Christain Bale do? He was like 14 when the first Batman came out..... :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Batmen

Post by ShyViolet » December 9th, 2004, 8:13 pm

Hmmm, so far Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney... what kind of job will Christain Bale do? He was like 14 when the first Batman came out..... :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 10th, 2004, 10:17 am

Bale is apparently brilliant.

A friend of mine is a stunt man and he was doubling Ken Watanabe's character, as well as a "Bad Batman" scene which takes place when Bruce is forced to take a "fear drug" of some kind.

He told me that Bale was spot on, getting deep, deep, deeeeep into character and only referring to the name Bruce Wayne on set.

He was great in Empire Of The Sun and American Psycho...I think he'll pull this off too, but I'd much prefer to see him as the new Bond...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » December 10th, 2004, 2:32 pm

Is anyone else beginning to get angry at Warner Bros. about the new trailer? I don't mean to sound impatient, but when a studio announces that the trailer is coming online, puts it online, and then pulls it offline, thus making us have to see one of two so-so movies to see the new trailer, well, I just think that is kind of dirty-handed. I think what happened is that WB allowed the trailer to be up for a short while, so that fans could post things like, "WOW!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS TRAILER!!!" Then, WB pulled the trailer offline, making fans have to see either Oceans Twelve or Blade: Trinity, to see it after they had heard how awesome the trailer is.

Anyway, sorry about the rambling. I just had to get that out, though.

UPDATE: The Batman Begins trailer will hit the web on Monday.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Christian Bale

Post by ShyViolet » December 10th, 2004, 7:54 pm

I LOVED Empire of the Sun...one of my VERY FAVORITE Spielberg movies. :P

BTW did anyone see Swing Kids? Bale was in that too. It was a Disney movie. He was also in Newsies. (Not blaming him for it LOL).

I believe that he'll be brilliant. Can't wait to see the new trailer! 8)