Despicable Me 3

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Despicable Me 3

Post by Dacey » December 14th, 2016, 11:31 am

First trailer debuts online ahead of presumed Rogue One (or Sing) theatrical attachment:

Also, interesting thing from the plot summary...

The team who brought you Despicable Me and the biggest animated hits of 2013 and 2015

I dunno. For some reason I feel like there was another animated movie in 2013 which was a bigger hit that year.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Minions - Despicable me 3 2017

Post by breakle » April 15th, 2017, 11:29 am

Am waiting Despicable me 3 2017, and you ?
Do you Minions animated movies? and which character of Minions Series movies do you like?

Love the song on Minion vivo smartphone commercials!
https://youtu.be/mZA7i2TyyZQ

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Despicable Me 3

Post by Dacey » July 5th, 2017, 6:46 pm

Site review is up:

http://animatedviews.com/2017/despicable-me-3/

Fun enough, but not quite up there with the others (or even the Minions movie).
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AnimationMaster » July 28th, 2017, 5:02 am

I love Despicable Me. I have seen all of them but I wasn't happy with the last part about England. That awesome trailer, funny and I hope the whole movie will be funny. Anyway I'm going to cinema tomorrow with my son( I think I'm more excited then my son). I know this forum is about Despicable Me, but I wan to know feedback from anyone who saw Baby Boss? I have this animated movie on my hard drive.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 28th, 2020, 4:24 pm

So the Minions "Holiday" Special was literally nothing new. All shorts from previous DVD releases (and only one with a Christmas theme), plus commercial bumpers and old seasonal trailers used to add to the "holiday" aspect of it all. Didn't even have funny narration or anything to attempt to string it all together.

Of course Covid has meant a decrease in new content this year, but even then, it would've made more sense for NBC to air that old Grinch documentary alongside its animated counterpart again instead of this.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 28th, 2020, 4:34 pm

DreamWorks also has a history of just dumping spare bonus content from discs and other media and calling it a "special"--
One of their "Spooky Stories" on their Netflix Halloween specials is no less than the movie from the Universal Studios theme-park attraction, while one of the collection of "additional stories" for HTTYDragon is, in fact, the backstory intro sequence to the video game.

Let's be honest, other studios just don't understand the Disney/Pixar work-ethic of making new stuff for network specials.
Dacey wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 4:24 pm
Of course Covid has meant a decrease in new content this year, but even then, it would've made more sense for NBC to air that old Grinch documentary alongside its animated counterpart again instead of this.
(Except that both are owned by Warner.)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 28th, 2020, 4:41 pm

Where should I start? By mentioning that DreamWorks Animation has made more fully animated network holiday specials than Disney and Pixar combined since Shrek the Halls, or by pointing out that The Grinch was literally shown on NBC last night. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 28th, 2020, 7:27 pm

What, and let facts get in the way of a stream of consciousness?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » November 29th, 2020, 2:49 pm

Universal Studios movie?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 29th, 2020, 2:53 pm

The Ghost of Lord Farquaad clocks in at 12 minutes. Not a movie and hardly a short. Very cool, though!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 29th, 2020, 4:41 pm

It’s the footage that was shown in the Shrek 4D ride at the Universal theme parks. It got its own release as a repurposed short film on DVD before being absorbed into DWA's collection of specials and shorts.