Madagascar

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 20th, 2008, 7:56 pm

Here's the new music video for "I Like to Move It".

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 21st, 2008, 8:33 am

Like we needed <I>that</I>... :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by starlioness » October 30th, 2008, 3:35 pm

heh. aside from Shrek and Kung-fu Panda I think Madagascar was the most profitable feature film from Dreamworks I believe.. I know it grossed the most money of the 2005 animated movies..

I wonder if we're going to get toys of the new characters of the movies.. so far Ebay is just listing Beanie Babies of the Zoosters and the Penguins.. not sure about the lemurs though.. hmm..

guess we won't see those Hippoaffes Once, since Madagascar is "reality" not fantasy oh well..

Think the Zoosters will get back to New York? must be hard for Alex to leave his family after finding them again..

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 3rd, 2008, 11:51 pm

Just a few more days .. already I'm seeing critic tags on the commercials, even one proclaiming "better than the original!" I hope that's true.

BTW, Happy Meal toys start this Friday at McDonald's! Can't wait to see how they look. So far, as mentioned above, there's been little to no merchandise. I do however have a Melman wacky slider that I got for free. It's a promotion Nestle is doing for their cereals. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » November 4th, 2008, 1:50 am

Here are the Happy Meal toys that come out Friday.

mysoulfulthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/11/happy-meal-features-madagascar-2.html

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » November 4th, 2008, 3:35 pm

So will it be a bigger Box Office hit than the first?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » November 4th, 2008, 6:05 pm

*Sigh* Sometimes I wonder what the guys at dreamworks are smoking to make this stuff... Sometimes a sequel isnt good.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » November 4th, 2008, 11:23 pm

*cough*especiallywhenthefirstwasn'tverygoodtobeginwith*cough*

:wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 5th, 2008, 3:23 pm

I would say this is the first time I've disagreed with you, but then I remember All Dog Go to Heaven 2... ;)

Thanks CGI, that was fast! Love Skipper.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by starlioness » November 5th, 2008, 7:33 pm

hmm..I getting a Father of the Pride/Shrek 2/TLK/vibe with this movie.. maybe even shades of Ice age 2..

though I think Young Alex is adorable! :D..

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 6th, 2008, 3:09 am

I was going to post something about the film but anyway Whippet Angel is right,it's not my first laungauge but I"m very good in English,and okay Ben :D.
Anyway I read that Melman will meet a witch doctor that might cure him on the PEZ website XD I think that this film will be better then the first one.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » November 6th, 2008, 6:03 pm

Saw it today in Paris, it's funny, very funny (Sacha Baron Cohen is hilarious!) but the script is light, no rythm and it starts to be boring toward the middle of the film. Beyond the laughters, there is not much to see there! This is no Pixar or no Kung Fu Panda!
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 10th, 2008, 12:30 am

Cue Madagascar 3:
The Hollywood Reporter wrote:<B>'Madagascar' brings in $63.5 million</B>

DreamWorks Animation's family comedy "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" enjoyed a surfin' safari to the top of the domestic boxoffice this weekend.

The Paramount-distributed animated sequel cruised to an estimated $63.5 million opening that significantly outdistanced prerelease projections. Its three-day haul outpaced even the four-day bow by the original "Madagascar," which unspooled over the 2005 Memorial Day frame with $61 million.

"Madagascar 2" represents DWA's final 2-D production ahead of a complete shift to 3-D starting with the March release of "Monsters vs. Aliens." Its opening was DWA's third best ever, after those by two "Shrek" sequels.

"We were hoping that audiences would be wanting to escape to the movies for a comedy, and they sure turned up big time," DWA marketing maven Anne Globe said.

Ben Stiller and Chris Rock reprise their lead voice roles in "Madagascar 2," which Eric Darnell and Tom McGrath again co-directed. "Soul Men" co-star Mac also voiced a new secondary character in "Madagascar 2."

Audiences skewed 60% female, with 51% of patrons aged 25 or older.

"Madagascar 2" found $3.6 million of its opening haul from 131 Imax giant-screen venues.

"It's fantastic," Imax Filmed Entertainment chief Greg Foster said. "We're 6% of its weekend boxoffice."

Looking ahead, Sony dispatches 007 on a solo mission Friday, as the James Bond adventure "Quantum of Solace" represents the weekend's only domestic wide opener. "Solace" has been playing strongly in the U.K. and other overseas markets for the past two sessions.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 10th, 2008, 12:32 am

Ben wrote:Cue Madagascar 3...
It was always meant to be a 17 part arc so this really shouldn't be unexpected.

;)

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » November 10th, 2008, 8:17 am

How many Madagacsar movies will there be, until they come home? :lol: