Madagascar

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Madagascar

Post by starlioness » December 28th, 2011, 8:25 pm

^ well, he a got a tiny bit more development Dinosaurs at least with Scratte..*shrug*..

so it's gone from Pixar Vs D.W, D.W vs Pixar, to Weinstein (Hoodwinked 2), D.W, Pixar, D.W again, and Warner bros (Happy Feet 2).. looks like the Bear is in the lead so far.Poor Pooh though.. guess not many Pooh theatre fans as I thought. though highly recieved..

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » December 28th, 2011, 9:56 pm

I didn't mind Scrat in the first one, but in the other movies I found he slowed the pacing of the movies down a lot. But then I'm also a person who didn't think Puss In Boots needed his own movie OR is quite happy to have the penguins have little parts in the Madagascar movies but nothing to big. What's the saying about good things being in small doses.

I will definitely see Madasgar 3 just don't know if it is theatre or video just yet. But the one thing I hope for is that they are returned to New York Zoo and the series can be closed off. Just like how in theory Toy Story 3 closed off that franchise nicely.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by starlioness » January 14th, 2012, 6:03 pm

^ that was until , they started doing shorts ,like Hawaiian vacation and so forth. even Tangled's a getting a new short this year.. ( though still way better than a half-A** DTV sequel)..

I'd rather they skip Europe and just get back to New York. what's so special about them going to Europe anyway?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 14th, 2012, 7:00 pm

They heard Lightning and Mater were going to show up. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by laughingoctopus » January 14th, 2012, 8:09 pm

I saw the trailer for 3 today with Beauty and the Beast 3D, and when Marty put on the clown wig and did whatever he was doing the entire audience laughed uproarisly. I groaned as loud as I could, but their un-necessary laughter drowned me out. Society is making me nauseous today.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » January 15th, 2012, 1:26 am

I know how you feel. I had the same reaction when I saw it. I found the entire trailer to be quite unfunny. :|

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by laughingoctopus » January 15th, 2012, 2:50 am

Nice to have someone agree. My friends said the trailer was hilarious, but thought Beauty was dull. Seriously?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » January 15th, 2012, 6:03 pm

Meh. You need to find friends with more highbrow taste. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 10th, 2012, 4:04 pm

Wow, no discussion on Madagascar since January?! That says a lot actually...

Here's the AV review:
http://animatedviews.com/2012/madagasca ... nted-film/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by laughingoctopus » June 10th, 2012, 5:28 pm

I'm honestly surprised that Madagascar 3 got over 40% on Rotten Tomatoes. Still looks terrible to me. Maybe I'll rent on 3D-BD.