Ready Player One

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Avengers, Justice League and more in READY PLAYER ONE!

Post by ShyViolet » January 7th, 2022, 11:09 am

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 7th, 2022, 6:39 pm

So true…!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bekebe » March 6th, 2022, 7:50 am

Well, I've never been a Marvel fan. On the other hand, I love Fifa, and I've been a fan from the start. For some years, I have played the full price, and then I realized ways to buy it for a lower price. After some tries and digging, I have found https://www.cdkeysforgames.com/games/st ... s/fifa-22/. It is the best way to keep me updated to FIFA's lowest price, and it changes every time a new update is posted. It sounds insane but believes me, this helped me save some money with the years, and I feel like I should share this info with everybody.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Ready Player One

Post by ShyViolet » October 29th, 2022, 3:42 pm

https://collider.com/classic-films-stev ... -directed/

The Spielberg films that never were…potentially brilliant or utterly insane choices??

(IE: He almost directed Meet the Parents and wanted Bill Murray for Cape Feare.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 29th, 2022, 6:07 pm

And these are just *some* the ones that got *made*! I just picked up a film, The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars And Motor Kings, which is about one of the last things you’d have expected him to do right after Jaws, and yet it’s true that he was in the frame to direct it for a while. For every project he does, it’s said he has twenty to thirty (out of around 100 in development at any time) that he doesn’t ever get to.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » October 30th, 2022, 10:56 am

He was working on a live action lupin (anime version) movie with jim carry in the late 90s also. It never got made along with a jim carry plastic movie at the time also. Also how did that list miss return of the jedi that steven was planning to direct at first? Kind of a big one to skip there collider!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 17th, 2023, 7:51 pm

Awesome mashup of different documentaries which chronicles the year Spielberg made BOTH Jurassic Park and Schindler’s List:

https://youtu.be/diES3cFBG6Q

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 17th, 2023, 8:48 pm

So the discs in my library are shelved chronologically by release date, but certain series, stars and directors of which I have a substantial amount or whole career oeuvre are grouped together. Naturally this means a grouping like Spielberg's films need to have an anchor point. Literally because this was his biggest year, with both his biggest commercial and critical successes coming within six months of each other, my Spielberg collection is filed in 1993. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 18th, 2023, 8:43 am

Although it’s quite well-documented, here’s a very good run-down of how Jaws almost ended his career (also short but AMAZING montage of his films at the end! :) )

https://youtu.be/XWPdwWUKyZs

(“Spielberg’s Legacy”: 13:21)