Ready Player One

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Ready Player One

Post by gaastra » March 18th, 2018, 9:16 am

Justice league(superman, batman, wonder woman etc) plus joker, Harley, nightwing, deadshot, robin, steppenwof and black manta confirmed for ready player one. The jla is back on the big screen.

Of course they get to team up with other comic heroes like spawn, turtles, hellboy, he-man and --the avengers!

Yeah avengers (cap, thor, iron man, etc), bucky, gotg, big hero 6 confirmed plus sony and fox heroes wolverine, Deadpool, magneto, spider-man and dr doom!

Marvel and dc IN THE SAME MOVIE!

Marvel, dc, fox and sony IN THE SAME MOVIE!

Note-link tells ALL the cameos so spoilers in link.
http://readyplayerone.wikia.com/wiki/Re ... One_(film)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Avengers and Justice league team up in ready player one!

Post by gaastra » March 18th, 2018, 9:45 am

Edit-someone on the comic forum says this is fake. So this might not be true.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 18th, 2018, 10:18 am

Edit-looks like it's true! Marvel and dc in the same movie!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 18th, 2018, 5:31 pm

I’ve been getting more and mor jazzed up for this, but just chaecking our that list of appearances - even quickly scanning it so as to keep some a cool surprise - and, wow, could this be the most blink and you’ll miss cameo-stuffed movie ever made?

Sounds like the whole Oasis will be the pop culture-packed version of Toontown, and awesome that Spielberg - likely the only many in Hollywood that could even think of making this happen - has made this happen!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Avengers, Justice League and more in READY PLAYER ONE!

Post by EricJ » March 18th, 2018, 7:03 pm

We get Joker & Harley in the movie for the same reason we've been seeing Iron Giant in every single fan-website article about the movie: Warner corporate promotion. (And the fact that it was Ultraman in the book, but they couldn't get him away from Toho.)

For said reason, I'm guessing the article is a fan fake, by someone who got a little understandably overexcited and started rubbing his references too fast.
Anyone who knows at least ten years of bad blood between Warner and Disney is not waiting up nights for Iron Man to show up.
Ben wrote:Sounds like the whole Oasis will be the pop culture-packed version of Toontown, and awesome that Spielberg - likely the only many in Hollywood that could even think of making this happen - has made this happen!
Although, when we get a Battletoads cameo, because a certain other group of 80's pop-culture battle-reptiles was corporately tied up at Paramount, you realize it's not quite as easy as when Spielberg could put Donald and Daffy Duck into the same room with Betty Boop.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 19th, 2018, 9:51 am

They confirmed star wars for the film so Disney stuff is in the film. reports are that wreck it ralph and roger rabbit have cameos as well. As for the list folks online are saying it's true but I have not seen the film yet so I don't know. I'm more hyped for the Nintendo stars in the movie. Link, little mac, Kirby, pikmin and Mario are in this movie if that real!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 19th, 2018, 10:10 am

It isn’t outside the bounds of possibility for any Disney stuff to turn up in this: remember that RPO was once one of the films Disney would have distributed for DreamWoks under their Touchstone banner. When this was back in pre-production - when deals like this would have been worked out - it was Touchstone that was putting this out (with Disney also investing via their DWs capital deal).

When DWs and Amblin restructured, Disney got full US ownership of The BFG while Amblin retained RPO, which was already going to go out throug Warners internationally (BFG went out through Entertainment One worldwide). Warners then took domestic on top of global (instead of Universal, possibly something to do with the Kong negotiations), but from the start Disney was involved.

By the time it’s come to the screen a lot of different companies have had their fingerprints on it, so I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of cool deals have been made, especially since everyone wants to be involved with the next potential Roger Rabbit, Toy Story or Wreck-It Ralph phenomenon that makes their older brands cool again by association.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 20th, 2018, 8:25 am

Yeah but till the film comes out lets list this as a rumor. Better safe then sorry till we know for sure. WB has worked with Disney before with roger rabbit and the lego movie (star wars) and wb makes lego Disney games so who knows.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 31st, 2018, 2:36 am

Saw RPO tonight (10 pm showing) and OH MY GOD...this movie is so so so so so so so amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!!!!! :D Not just exciting, compelling, intricately plotted, masterfully directed, but incredibly deep, philosophical, extremely relevant and timeless all at the same time. About a million times better than I expected (it definitely looked like a “really fun ride” from the ads, but it is just so much more than that.). I won’t go too into it right now since it just came out, but suffice it to say that Spielberg has not only pulled off the pop-culture event of the 21st (and 20th!) century, but gone beyond that, creating a true work of art which is anything but merely a collection of “pop culture references.”

He’s a genius so many times over that it’s pretty much baffling...and breathtaking. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 31st, 2018, 9:42 am

The trailers didn't get me too excited, so hearing good to fantastic reviews is very heartening!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 31st, 2018, 6:04 pm

Yeah, same here. But Spielberg always surprises you. The movie is astonishingly brilliant and exceeded my expectations by so much.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 31st, 2018, 9:50 pm

Just saw it. Really fun movie. Cameos are background like roger rabbit and wreck it ralph. Yes hulk and iron man was in the movie (saw both plus bubba fett) but they are 5 second cameos. Hulk is near the end and iron man is at the dance by the way. Blink and you will miss them.

That second challenge got a huge cheer from our showing. That is all I will say.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 1st, 2018, 4:54 am

Without revealing too much, when you say Iron Man, Hulk and others are in the movie, are these the current movie versions of what we know, or more "classic" versions of these characters, or hybrid versions of some kind? Obviously they'll be CGI since they’re in the game, but what’s the actual look like? This is one of the most intriguing aspects of RPO to me. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » April 1st, 2018, 7:24 am

Movie versions but they can be hard to spot. Hulk is just a second.

Iron man can be seen here if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA2g7pO_auw

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » April 1st, 2018, 9:34 am

Huge hit in china. Opened with $60m!

https://twitter.com/weier1231997/status ... 84320?s=19