Space Jam 2

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Space Jam 2

Post by Randall » April 23rd, 2021, 8:30 pm

Some of the Disney ones are pretty good, but again I think the human characters work best. (Mickey ones tend to be good, too, for some reason.) Radioactive Man is my lone Simpsons Pop.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 5th, 2021, 6:51 pm

New photo:

Tweety ain't happy! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 5th, 2021, 8:54 pm

Loving Elmer there.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 6th, 2021, 1:29 pm

Yeah, and he's wearing a headband again like in the original. Nice little continuity. Same with Tweety's temper.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 12th, 2021, 1:06 pm

Original is getting the 4K treatment:
SPACE JAM COMES TO 4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAYTM COMBO PACK AND DIGITAL FROM WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT

CELEBRATING ITS 25TH ANNIVERSARY, THE MUCH-LOVED FILM WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 4K RESOLUTION WITH HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE (HDR)

Own it July 6th on 4K Ultra HD and Digital

Burbank, Calif., May 11, 2021 – To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the beloved classic, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment announced today that the perennial family film Space Jam will be released on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital on July 6th.

Six-time NBA champion Michael Jordan and Looney Tunes linchpin Bugs Bunny star in the family comedy classic that introduced a whole new dimension of entertainment. The film also stars Wayne Knight, Theresa Randle, and the voice of Danny DeVito. Bill Murray, Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, and Patrick Ewing appear as themselves. Space Jam was produced by Ivan Reitman and directed by Joe Pytka.

Ultra HD* showcases 4K resolution with High Dynamic Range (HDR) and a wider color spectrum, offering consumers brighter, deeper, more lifelike colors for a home entertainment viewing experience like never before.

Space Jam will be available on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack for $24.99 ERP and includes an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc with the feature film in 4K with HDR and a Blu-ray disc with the feature film and special features. Fans can also own Space Jam in 4K Ultra HD via purchase from select digital retailers beginning on July 6th.

Space Jam received an Annie Award for Best Individual Achievement: Technical Achievement and a Grammy® Award for Best Song Written Specifically for a Motion Picture or for Television (1997).

SYNOPSIS

The world’s greatest legends collide in a future universe with Jordan as a live-action hero entering a spectacular animated world. Captured by Bugs Bunny to foil a ghastly gang of space creatures, Jordan must play the basketball game of his life to save the beloved cartoon heroes from a hideous kidnapping scheme.

4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY COMBO PACK ELEMENTS

Space Jam Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack contains the following previously released special features:

Commentary from director Joe Pytka, Bugs Bunny (voiced by Billy West) and Daffy Duck (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker)
Featurette: “Jammin” with Bugs Bunny and Michael Jordan
Music videos including Seal’s “Fly Like an Eagle” and Monstars’ anthem “Hit ‘Em High”
DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION ELEMENTS

On July 6th, Space Jam 4K UHDwill be available to own for streaming and download to watch anywhere in high definition and standard definition on favorite devices from select digital retailers including GooglePlay, Vudu, Xbox and others, and will be made available digitally on Video On Demand services from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.

ABOUT DIGITAL

*Digital movies or TV episodes allow fans to watch a digital version of their movie or TV show anywhere, on their favorite devices. Digital movies or TV episodes are included with the purchase of specially marked Blu-ray discs. With digital, consumers are able to instantly stream and download movies and TV shows to TVs, computers, tablets and smartphones through retail services. For more information on compatible devices and services go to wb.com/digitalmoviefaq. Consult a digital retailer for details and requirements and for a list of digital-compatible devices.

BASICS

PRODUCT ERP

Ultra HD Blu-ray $24.99*

Standard Street Date: 7/6/2021

EST Street Date: 7/6/2021

Ultra HD Blu-ray Languages: English, Spanish, Parisian French, Danish, Finnish, German, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish

Ultra HD Blu-ray Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, Parisian French, Danish, Finnish, German, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish

Run Time: 87 min (Feature Only)

Rated: PG

THE CREDITS

About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Inc.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment’s home video, digital distribution and interactive entertainment businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. An industry leader since its inception, WBHE oversees the global distribution of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels, and is a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. WBHE distributes its product through third party retail partners and licensees.

Shoddy cover.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 12th, 2021, 4:59 pm

Same non-features, usual bad cover, shameless 4K cash-in on a pointless transfer... Nope, thanks. Has this ever gotten good cover art? I think the only half-decent poster was the "half faces" Bugs and MJ one, and even that didn’t really sell the film. With all of the WB goodness waiting to come to Blu-ray let alone 4K, they choose this!? Not even a new Atmos track!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » May 12th, 2021, 8:44 pm

Of course they removed the bonus cartoons and tv specials.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 13th, 2021, 2:22 am

Lousy cover, for a film I shouldn't have even bought on Blu-ray. Glad to have the 2-disc DVD, though.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 13th, 2021, 6:42 am

My justification for the Blu was that it was in that four pack with two other films I wanted to see...and that Yogi Bear thing, so at least there was value to the few bucks I paid for it. I only got it as it was cheap, since I had the LD already, and that would have done me for the one time I might ever watch it again!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » May 17th, 2021, 10:13 pm

Poor tweety. The spider girl stepped on him. Also we get a look at the cg road runner.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 17th, 2021, 10:33 pm

Space Jam remains a ridiculous concept... but the CGI characters look kinda good.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 18th, 2021, 4:20 am

As said before, this does look like a pretty awesome translation of hand-drawn to CG characters. If only the Tom & Jerry movie had gone this route, not that it would have actually helped that total mess of a film.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 18th, 2021, 3:38 pm

They simply look gorgeous. Love, love. Still no front shot of Gossy, and Tweety's voice still remains the weakest for me. But hey, at least Granny isn't just a cheerleader anymore. Her scenes are hilarious. If only June Foray were still with us!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » May 19th, 2021, 9:19 am

Closer look at the tv spot and easter eggs.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 22nd, 2021, 4:38 pm

Pretty interesting read on Space Jam's old (and now legendary) website:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/21/styl ... again.html
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."