Robots

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 13th, 2005, 1:31 pm

In my opinion, Robin Willaims looks like the best reason to see this movie. He's said to be just a supporting character, but I'm certain that he'll steal the show. His character's name is "Fender" for those who were wondering.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 14th, 2005, 12:54 pm

I was talking to a friend of mine today. He mentioned that he couldn't wait to see that "film about the robots": you know, "Pixar's newest film"...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » February 14th, 2005, 2:23 pm

Mickey A wrote:I was talking to a friend of mine today. He mentioned that he couldn't wait to see that "film about the robots": you know, "Pixar's newest film"...
:lol: Just goes to show how Pixar has dominated this field. It's a good thing for them. They created the standard that everyone else in computer animation is now held to. "Is as good as Monsters Inc.? Is it as good as Finding Nemo? Toy Story?" It's really the standard by which all others are judged.
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 14th, 2005, 4:13 pm

True, but if Robots is bad, think of how many people will point the finger at Pixar.

Banned
Banned

Post by Special_Ed » February 14th, 2005, 6:26 pm

I've already seen it. It's a meh.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 14th, 2005, 6:59 pm

How did you get to see it early?

Banned
Banned

Post by Special_Ed » February 14th, 2005, 7:23 pm

I can't tell you in public.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » February 14th, 2005, 10:44 pm

I'll go with my own review thanks.
and chances are I won't find much wrong with it, just like normal.
I'm not hard to please at all. ^_^

Banned
Banned

Post by Special_Ed » February 14th, 2005, 10:51 pm

Yeah you and half of America. That's the problem. You'd love crap spray painted gold.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » February 15th, 2005, 12:08 am

Or you're just a tad too nitpicky about the movies.

Banned
Banned

Post by Special_Ed » February 15th, 2005, 12:14 am

Oh yes that must be it. You can't deny the fact that film quality have declined signifigantly in the last few years. It's because when you accept crap you get served even more crap. Why should a studio care to do quality stuf when the audience will let them get away with sub par work?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » February 15th, 2005, 5:36 am

From the trailers, I see nothing wrong with Robots. And just because YOU think it's crap, doesn't mean "I" think it's crap mmmk?

Ya know what? I LIKED Dinosaur, and everyone seems to have a problem with that movie.

OHGOD CONDEMN ME TO THE DEEPEST REGIONS OF HELL

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » February 15th, 2005, 9:31 am

Hey macaluso, I agree with you! I, too, liked Dinosaur, more than I expected I would. I know I have very high standands when it comes to film, animated films in particular. I know crap when I see it, and I know good, entertaining quality filmmaking when I see it. Isn't it funny how some people (not pointing the finger at anyone in particular on this thread, so pluh-leeez :roll:) will criticize a film just because many others liked it a lot, just to be a spoiler? Opinions are just that: opinions. Even though some have more substance than others, we all have our reasons for liking what we do.

By the way, what does "meh" mean? I'm not that poster-savvy..
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

Banned
Banned

Post by Special_Ed » February 15th, 2005, 12:37 pm

Meh is so/so.

If you guys accept sub par crap as good you'll only get more lower standard crap. I hold high standards. Pixar nearly always reaches them.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » February 15th, 2005, 12:51 pm

Oh, I agree. I don't accept sub-par stuff as good. For example, some people liked Disney's Home on the Range. Quite frankly, that was waaaay below normal Disney standards, or most others for that matter. It wasn't well concieved at all. Pixar, for me, has always delivered the goods :D ! I haven't yet seen a Pixar film that wasn't, at the very least, excellent. Even A Bug's Life, which I consider to be at the bottom of the Pixar film-greats list, is better than most other non-Pixar films. So, I definitely have high standards for my animated films 8) .

Haven't seen Shark Tale yet, but if the trailers are an accurate representation, then UGH!
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]