Valiant

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

signed animation prints available

Post by muppet » April 27th, 2005, 3:28 pm

I have just started a charity auction on ebay with some lovely prints, some of which have been signed (directors & team).

More information, images and direct links to the ebay auctions can be found on www.skwigly.co.uk/ebay

Note to Ben: it would be great if you could cover this? The profits are all going to charity.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 28th, 2005, 5:32 pm

Done. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

valiant official site open

Post by cartoni » July 8th, 2005, 6:44 am

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 8th, 2005, 8:01 am

Thanks!

Valiant really is a fun little film, and these clips will hopefully swing it for some to go and see it. The writing is very funny.

AV Team
AV Team

What's up with the running time for "Valient"?

Post by Dacey » August 14th, 2005, 3:26 pm

According to imdb.com, when "Valient" was released in the UK, it ran 103 minutes. But it says that the version we get here in the US clocks it at only 76 minutes. Could someone tell me if this is true, and if it is, the reasoning behind it?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » August 14th, 2005, 3:46 pm

IMDB

Problem solved

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » August 15th, 2005, 11:30 am

What is really weird is that Chicken Little is listed as 1 hour 13 minutes in the US but only 73 minutes in Europe. I guess it's that wacky metric system conversion.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » August 15th, 2005, 1:00 pm

James wrote:What is really weird is that Chicken Little is listed as 1 hour 13 minutes in the US but only 73 minutes in Europe. I guess it's that wacky metric system conversion.
Never mind the fact that 1 hour 13 minutes IS 73 minutes LOL! :P
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » August 15th, 2005, 1:00 pm

James wrote:What is really weird is that Chicken Little is listed as 1 hour 13 minutes in the US but only 73 minutes in Europe. I guess it's that wacky metric system conversion.
Never mind the fact that 1 hour 13 minutes IS 73 minutes LOL! :P
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 15th, 2005, 1:16 pm

I think...that was the joke.

Valiant (with an 'a' - why do you Yanks insist on spelling it with an 'e'? ;)) was always 76 minutes - the 103 minute time has never been the case, and it certainly wasn't in the UK.

Shame that ChickLit is so short - knowing Disney that's going to be just over an hour of "real" movie and a long credit scroll. That screams of story problems!

BTW, my favorite running time anecdote occured when Titanic, at three hours and 15 minutes, was being released. When Fox issued running length statements, they tried to cover up the long duration of the film by actually advertsising it as 2 hours 75 minutes! Priceless!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » August 15th, 2005, 1:17 pm

It should also be added that there whilst there is a film called Valiant, no film called Valient exists. :wink:
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 15th, 2005, 1:35 pm

Didn't I just add that? ;)
Ben wrote:Valiant (with an 'a' - why do you Yanks insist on spelling it with an 'e'? ;)) was always 76 minutes

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » August 15th, 2005, 2:04 pm

Ben wrote:Didn't I just add that? ;)
Ben wrote:Valiant (with an 'a' - why do you Yanks insist on spelling it with an 'e'? ;)) was always 76 minutes
Sorry, I was distracted whilst posting that message and you must have gotten there before me. Darn you! :P
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » August 15th, 2005, 2:24 pm

Ben wrote:Shame that ChickLit is so short - knowing Disney that's going to be just over an hour of "real" movie and a long credit scroll. That screams of story problems!
I just made up that time of 73 minutes. Just checked IMDb and they say 77 minutes, so your point is probably still valid.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 15th, 2005, 3:14 pm

~Valiant (with an 'a' - why do you Yanks insist on spelling it with an 'e'? ) was always 76 minutes - the 103 minute time has never been the case, and it certainly wasn't in the UK.

Okay, so "ValiAnt" hasn't been cut in the US. Glad to hear that.

That being said, why should we believe imdb about the running time for "Chicken Little" when we know that they make mistakes?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."