Spider-Man 3

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 13th, 2006, 11:55 am

Yes, it has additional footage within the film. Here are some more details about the extended cut of Spider-Man 2, via Coming Soon.

Suddenly, I recall that an extended edition of Spider-Man 2 was announced when the theatrical version of the film first arrived to DVD. However, at that time, the new cut was supposed to be released sometime in either 2005 or 2006, directly to DVD.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 14th, 2006, 2:53 pm

Yeah! I remember that too Josh!

Glad I didn't wait for that DVD to come out! ;)

3-hr cut eh? That's probably with commercials, so look for about 15 minutes of actual new material to be put back in. I wonder if they're the deleted scenes from the DVD spruced up a bit?

Needless to say, we're not going to get this in the UK, so any reports on this would be most welcome! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 14th, 2006, 3:11 pm

I'll let you know if I hear any more about it. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 4th, 2007, 6:05 am

New Japanese TV spot has some scenes not shown in the trailer! :D

(brief but tantalizing nonetheless!)

Click here and follow the link!

http://www.totalfilm.com/movie_news/new ... _3_footage
It's not a new trailer. Still, maybe that will temporarily quench your thirst for more SM3 action, Vi.
Oh, sorry Mickey, I think I missed your post. I didn't get to watch it, but thanks anyway! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 29th, 2007, 7:44 pm

I guess everyone has probably seen these,but if you haven't here are some great stills from the trailer. :wink:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808496334/photo/stills
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 3rd, 2007, 5:56 am

DVDActive has the specs for the DVD release of Spider-Man 2.1. The 2-disc set will contain the extended edition of the film, as seen on FX.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 3rd, 2007, 7:54 am

Reading the notes at the bottom of the page, I agree with most.

8 minutes? Bah.
Most of which are exposition scene extentions? Bah.
Of a film that was <I>just</I> bordering on being too long anyway? Bah.
Not a director's cut, but "something the studio wanted?" Bah.
2.1 instead of 2.5? Is it only .1 better than the original cut then? Bah.
Remastered pic and sound? After the first release was demo quality? Bah.

Needless and excessive chasing of consumers' money and a cheap marketing trick to get us buy the same movie again and promote their upcoming new installment? Yah.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 4th, 2007, 10:28 pm

At the recent Comic-Con, Rami said "I haven't spoken with Danny but I am hoping that it will be Danny Elfman in conjunction with Chris Young."

My guess is that CY will use the established themes that DE wrote and that AE may come in to write new villain themes and leave the actual score and interacting with SR to CY.
Does anyone know what finally came to pass with this, and who exactly is going to score this film? 8) :wink:

(I just downloaded the Spidey 2 theme from itunes--it's amazing, I keep listening to it! Makes me even more excited about Spidey 3. :wink:)

Also I keep thinking about the title sequence for S3: What is it going to be like?

I think for S1, there was just that spider web/cast of characters montage.....

For S2, there were stills from S1 in a "comic-book-like" fashion. (brilliant)

So...I can only assume that S3 will follow suit and have scenes from S2?

:?:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 7th, 2007, 10:01 am

Chris Young is the credited composer. I don't think you'd get Danny back in the same room with Sam for a very long while...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 7th, 2007, 7:59 pm

Bummer.

:(

(I guess I can understand--on YouTube someone posted the Spidey 2 train scene BUT with the actual music Elfman wanted, not what we saw. It's very different, and much better IMO.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 8th, 2007, 6:17 am

Wow, where's that?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 8th, 2007, 6:28 am

Never mind, just found it.

I'm going to have to check the "original" again to spot major differences, because I couldn't really mark out anything groundbreaking.

It's great score, of course, but one does have to say that it sounds a <I>lot</I> like the train sequence in Mission: Impossible that Danny also scored. And at the end of the day, an action cue is an action cue is an action cue.

There has to be much more to their splitting than just the composer not getting his way on a sequence like this. And sometimes, it's right for the director to pull back the music and let the sound speak for itself.

Like I said, I need to check this out against what was released, but whichever version had been used wouldn't have ended up hurting the film.

Funny that just listening with score really plays up how rubbery the Imageworks work is, especially on that blonde in the red dress who gets thrown about. She should work out more and get a firmer bod! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 10th, 2007, 3:32 pm

It seemed quite different to me from the Raimi version. Somehow, much more "Batman"! :)

I still don't get how in the world Rami can let someone like Elfman go--for crying out loud this is DANNY ELFMAN, the guy who revolutionized film themes with Batman, Edward, and Beetlejuice.

(And Dick Tracy too! :wink:)

(I still wish so bad he was the one scoring Fantastic Four! :( )

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 19th, 2007, 1:34 pm

ShyViolet wrote:It seemed quite different to me from the Raimi version. Somehow, much more "Batman"! :)
Then Raimi was right to ask to change it to something more Spidey then, right? After all, it <I>wasn't</I> a Bats picture, and didn't have that intention.

And yeah, I liked Ottman's first FF score, but have serious doubts to him as a musician after what he did to Superman Returns. I was amazed, actually, when I saw he'd done FF, even though it was simplistic.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 3rd, 2007, 11:50 pm

Just in case you didn't know, NBC is going to be giving a one minute preview of Spidy 3, during this Mondays Heroes. Yay! :D