Spider-Man 3

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 21st, 2006, 12:03 pm

Okay, speaking as someone who STILL hasn't seen the new trailer, I'm guessing it has something about Sandman being the one who killed Spider-Man's uncle?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 21st, 2006, 1:30 pm

I hope this remains a Spidey movie and not The Tpbey Maguire In A Spidey Outfit Movie.
Same here! BTW this reminds me of another superhero movie, Batman Begins. We see Bruce Wayne/Bale A LOT. I think Batman himself is only on-screen about twenty minutes total! (rough estimate) One third of the film is the flashbacks to his prison days, the other third is the Bruce Wayne/millionaire playboy facade, and the rest is either Batman OR Bruce Wayne prepping to be Batman with the batcave, etc....

And now that Bale is a MUCH bigger star, I bet we'll be seeing his face even more in Batman: The Dark Knight or whatever it's called? :?
Okay, speaking as someone who STILL hasn't seen the new trailer, I'm guessing it has something about Sandman being the one who killed Spider-Man's uncle?
Pretty much....I'd say more but I know you're waiting to see the trailer! (unless you want to know more. :wink: )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 22nd, 2006, 1:34 pm

Check out these sweet new posters!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30785

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 22nd, 2006, 1:38 pm

:shock: *drools*
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 22nd, 2006, 2:35 pm

Here's some pics from the 70's Spiderman. Kinda fake but still cool! :) From atthemovies.com, a UK site.

I think it was a TV movie.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 22nd, 2006, 5:28 pm

The 70s Spider-Man series was waaaay cool.

Well, for a kid of 8 or somewhere like that and it being made for TV. And it being the 1970s.

It was cheesy even back then, but a weekly superhero show with real special effects? The Hulk had the writing/acting, but Spidey, 70s style, had big fights, crazy ninja baddies and more heroics.

I've NEVER understood why Sony/Columbia, who made the show and have the rights, didn't put this out. Though it was a series, there were three feature-length specials:

- "Spider-Man: The Movie", the 90 minute pilot epsiode of "The Amazing Spider-Man" TV series that did the whole origin thing pretty nicely.

- "Spider-Man Strikes Back", made up of the two-parter "The Deadly Dust", also shown as the season two premiere.

- "Spider-Man: The Dragon's Challenge", made up of the two-parter "The Chinese Web" and also shown as the series finale.

At the worst they could bundle these three in a "trilogy pack" on DVD. I'd love to see them again, funky disco music, ropey stunts and bad matte line effects and all! :)

Best bit of trivia is that Peter/Spidey was played by none other than Nicholas Hammond, who was one of the kids in The Sound Of Music!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 24th, 2006, 2:47 pm

Meg wrote:Check out these sweet new posters!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30785
Ni-ice. :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 26th, 2006, 2:04 am

Sorry, those pictures must be copyrighted or something. :( Here's some from IMDB:

http://imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1061/1756- ... 6975&seq=6

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 26th, 2006, 3:11 pm

Awweee, c'mon! Now <I>that's</I> a spider, man!! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 30th, 2006, 10:11 pm

Hey, remember the 80's cartoon? "Spider-Man,Spider-Man, does whatever a
Spider Can?" I loved how they referenced it in Spidey 2! :)

I liked the 90's series as well. It was very fast-paced and had great animation. Plus that's how I learned most of what I know on Spidey. :wink:

Plus--what do you know? We actually got to see Spider-Man with his mask on sometimes!
Last edited by ShyViolet on November 30th, 2006, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 30th, 2006, 10:16 pm

Here's some interesting facts on Spider-Man: The Animated Series from Wik! :)

*Some comic/animated series spoilers*

There's one really funny trivia fact which I highlited: :P

Censorship

By 1994 heavy censorship was being enforced by Fox because certain shows like Power Rangers were being banned for excessive violence in some countries. So in a bid to make Spider-Man: The Animated Series as politically correct as possible, the producers of the show were instructed to abide by their extensive list of requirements [1]. Among the notable restrictions were:

* Not mentioning "Death", "Die", "Kill" or other words with a strong negative meaning. Death was to be avoided, leading Semper to skirt around the issue, killing characters off-panel or in unrealistic ways, and "destroy" and "destruction" were frequently employed as synonyms. For example:
o Mary Jane and the Green Goblin fall through an interdimensional portal instead of falling to their deaths.
o It is stated that the Punisher's family was "caught in a crossfire between rival gangs", and the same applied to the wife of the Destroyer.
o At one point, when the Goblin returns after seemingly perishing, Spider-Man says, "You?! But I thought you were-" and the Goblin cuts him off with, "I'm not.. but you'll soon be!"
o When Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson confront Hydro-Man in Episode 2.03 for the last time, Hydro-Man vaporizes when he touches hot ground, and never returns.
o Due to the unstable DNA structure of the clones of Mary Jane Watson and Hydro-Man, they vaporized and died.
o An alternate-reality Spider-Carnage commits suicide by jumping into a black hole.
o Several other characters were implied to have died in explosions or off-screen.
o It should be noted that the restricted words were sometimes mentioned regardless of Fox's censorship. For example, in "The Insidious Six", Scorpion states that he'd "kill to work for the Kingpin". Another variation appears in "Hydro Man", where a waitress says the word in pig latin to Mary Jane.
* Many realistic guns were not allowed, and no firearms could shoot bullets, so instead they fired lasers complimented by 'futuristic' sound effects. This often led to preposterous scenes in which ordinary policemen wielded bizarre, futuristic pistols. However, in Episode 3.09, Robbie Robertson's son Randy has a real-looking gun in his desk, though it is never fired on screen. However, in Episode 56, when Keane Marlow is telling the story of how he lost his wife, the bank robbers were firing a pistol and a semi-automatic.
* Spider-Man was not allowed to hit anyone with his fist, with one exception in Episode 39 (The Spot) in which he used his spider-sense to guide a punch through a dimension portal and knock out the Spot.
* No crashing glass. However, in Episode 43, when Spider-Man and Doc Ock were battling in Felicia and Anastasia Hardy's home, Ock accidentally smashed a glass window with one of his tentacles.
* No children in peril.
* No vampires were allowed on the show. This created complications with the use of the characters Morbius the living vampire and Blade the vampire hunter. Consequently, Morbius only drained victims through suckers on his hands, rather than by biting them in the traditional vampire style on the neck, and rather than blood, his sustenance was referred to only as "plasma.". However, sometimes the word "blood" is often used regularly.
* Spider-Man was not allowed to harm any pigeons when he landed on rooftops.
* Cletus Kasady a.k.a. Carnage was not a serial killer in the series, he was just a madman. Carnage never actually used his symbiotic blades to harm anyone, he was either stopped or dodged. He also absorbed people's energy rather than killing them outright.
* Venom was not allowed to make any mention of eating someone's brains.

They forget to say that 1994 was also when the TV Ratings system went into use, as well as the V-Chip.

Plus I think this was around the whole Beavis and Butthead scandel, (remember them? :P) with the little boy who burned down his mom's trailer home (which resulted in his younger sister dying) because he saw B & B playing with matches.

I think Spider-Man got rated TV Y-7. B & B got rated TV-14 and was shifted to later hours.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 12th, 2006, 9:11 pm

When is the next trailer going to appear again?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 13th, 2006, 11:14 am

My guess is that it will play at "Ghost Rider".

I think I already said that, but anyway. ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 13th, 2006, 11:26 am

On January 2, at 7 p.m., FX will air a special extended edition of Spider-Man 2. During the broadcast, more footage from Spider-Man 3 will be shown.

It's not a new trailer. Still, maybe that will temporarily quench your thirst for more SM3 action, Vi. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 13th, 2006, 11:35 am

An extended edition of Spider-Man 2? Does it have new scenes and stuff?