Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Live-Action)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Live-Action)

Post by Daniel » April 14th, 2023, 2:32 pm

Andrew Burnap talks about his role:
Man About Town wrote:And looking to the future also, you've got Snow White coming up next year. That's another iconic story to step into, what was the process like of deciding to get on board for that?

That was something that I did the old-fashioned way. I auditioned for it and they said they liked me, so that was quite an easy yes. I think being a part of something as grand and iconic and beloved as Snow White is another dream come true. I get to play a whole new character which is so fun and working with Rachel and Gal was an absolute dream and Marc Webb, our director, is such a great guy and has such a clear vision for this beloved fairy tale. It's a new story in the sense that it's no longer a princess waiting to be saved by a prince, but a princess waiting to be saved by herself and finding her voice, her strength and her courage and actually, in the end, saving everyone around her. So I just had an absolute blast working on that. And I think Rachel is truly a once-in-a-generation talent and I hope people will be as moved by what she did as I was.

And then in terms of your own character, are you allowed to share anything on that? All we know is that he's a different, new kind of character from what we’ve seen before.

Yes, I would say that Jonathan is less of a full-on prince and more of a reluctant hero. I guess that's all I can say right now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 23rd, 2023, 4:34 pm

A preview was shown at CineEurope. Maybe we'll get a teaser soon.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 23rd, 2023, 7:59 pm

I was actually afraid to open this thread…

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 23rd, 2023, 8:34 pm

It's a new story in the sense that it's no longer a princess waiting to be saved by a prince, but a princess waiting to be saved by herself and finding her voice, her strength and her courage
This is exactly what Walt’s version was about.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 30th, 2023, 4:42 pm

Gal Gadot interview:
Vogue wrote:You starred as the compassionate and heroic Diana in Wonder Woman, the calculating Sarah Black in Red Notice, and you are starring in the upcoming Evil Queen in Snow White. Do you take different approaches when playing such opposite types of characters? What types of roles do you enjoy playing the most?

I don’t have a preferred type of character. I think it was so much fun to play the Evil Queen. There was something so delicious with this part because it’s a fairy tale. It’s the first Disney villain. And because it’s a musical, I could stretch my performance and make it so much more dramatic and so much more animated, that it was just simply delightful. I enjoyed it, and I changed my voice and I did all these different things. And it was just super fun, and I can’t wait to watch it. I can’t wait to see how you know how it all turns out.
I'll believe it when I hear it...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » July 14th, 2023, 1:37 pm

Buh. I'm sorry, but Hollywood has just gone over the top with this stuff.

EXCLUSIVE: Snow White and the Seven... Politically-Correct Companions? First pictures of new live-action remake

"the upcoming adaptation will not feature a Prince Charming and will instead focus on a 'stronger' Snow White who dreams of becoming a leader."

"'To avoid reinforcing stereotypes from the original animated film, we are taking a different approach with these seven characters"

"The Colombian-American actress faced scrutiny by some critics after she was cast as Snow White, who was described as having 'skin as white as snow'."

At this point, why not just make a brand NEW story and characters rather than using the names from another but throwing out everything else?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » July 14th, 2023, 1:59 pm

Jurassic Park remake announced!

"When Dr. Ellie Sattler, a surgeon who performs gender transition surgeries, and T-Rex, her rapper boyfriend from the Badlands of Detroit, are awarded the prestigious Alan Grant, they decide to use the money to open up a park where addicts can safely use drugs without having to worry about chaos from the nefarious Rapid Attack Police Tactical Operating Regiment (aka RAPTOR) trying to cause their extinction."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 14th, 2023, 2:07 pm

Err…

The Daily Mail isn’t exactly a dependable news source. I’ll wait until we hear more “official” announcements.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » July 14th, 2023, 2:51 pm

Um...

The pictures aren't faked. The dwarves have been replaced after being called problematic by Disney. Snow White is being played by Rachel Zegler. The male lead has already been announced to be a new character created for the film. And in the article one of the people involved is quoted as saying "People are making these jokes about ours being the PC Snow White... yeah, it is - because it needed that".

What part of what I wrote isn't dependable or official by your standards?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 14th, 2023, 3:10 pm

My standards? :?

All I said was I would wait until we got a more “official” announcement before I reacted. The Daily Mail is already working on so-called “anti-woke” cartoons to “compete” with Disney. I’m not going to take an article they publish about them seriously for that reason. That’s all.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 14th, 2023, 8:53 pm

Hey! One of those male dwarfs that aren’t dwarfs is a girl! Which must make every other one of them gay, right?

Why don’t they just get seven regular but slightly funny lookin' men and "shrink" them down, so that they aren’t exactly "dwarfs" but are still smaller, like the Hobbitses?

This just does look really dumb, and the costumes have gone that crap, overly colorful, "theatrical" way that really just looks like a school production.

Why not go *totally* 180 and do that Snow And The Seven ninjas thingy?

Remaking something but not really remaking it hasn’t taught them any lessons from this year's Peter Panned or The Littlest Mermaid, eh?

Snow White And The Seven-Figure Flop incoming…!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » July 14th, 2023, 11:21 pm

A Disney source told VF that while these are not official photos, they are from the production, with stand-ins for some cast members. The Daily Mail told VF it stands by its story.
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... ays-disney

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 15th, 2023, 12:40 am

I'm shocked that Matt Walsh might not be reputable. :roll:

He's running a website that is rooting for all things Disney to fail. Of course the site is going to say those kinds of things about this film. Again, I am taking all of this with a huge grain of salt until further notice.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 15th, 2023, 3:53 am

Hang on…who is Matt Walsh…?

And those pics, whatever the story, can't be fake? Seems pretty elaborate if so. No matter, the strikes will shut this down soon enough…

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » July 15th, 2023, 4:09 am

Dacey, you're confusing the Daily Mail with the Daily Wire. Regardless, Vanity Fair is a reliable source.

Ben, the strike isn't going to affect this film because the filming was done a long time ago.