Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Live-Action)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Live-Action)

Post by Randall » June 23rd, 2021, 9:59 am

Given her role in WSS, I had assumed she could sing, dance, and act!

In the photo above, she looks older. I did look at other photos of her since, and did think she was looking quite young in those. :oops:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 25th, 2021, 1:55 pm

As far as singing, this is one of the songs Rachel did that went viral:

Pretty good, although impossible to top the original version with Gaga! She is rather pretty and some of her features match Snow White. Shows promise.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by FeaturedAnimation » July 10th, 2021, 10:02 pm

Well, it looks like according to this Deadline article, Snow White will be played by Rachel Zegler from Westside Story. I'm sure she'll do a great job just based on a surface-level first impression since I'm not familiar with her Westside Story performance.

So far nobody else is listed under the cast section on IMDb except for Rachel. It will be fun to see the seven dwarfs names fill up next!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 12th, 2021, 6:58 pm

You're a few weeks late! I really hope they don't gender swap the dwarfs...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 12th, 2021, 8:24 pm

Bet we get a tomboy dwarfette now…! ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 13th, 2021, 1:08 am

I believe the correct term is "dwarfelles." :wink:

Boy, was that an obscure reference on my part...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 13th, 2021, 4:36 am

Not *that* obscure! You just gave me the shudders and a really disturbing flashback! Weird!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 13th, 2021, 6:48 pm

No reference is "obscure" to anyone who was traumatized by Filmation in the 80's. :shock:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 13th, 2021, 7:07 pm

In the 80's what?

( ;) )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 14th, 2021, 12:41 am

If you think I'm saying "Sir!", you're crazy. :P

(Yes, I know it's just your funny little way of saying that bankruptcy liquidation held it up until the 90's, unlike that Pinocchio movie...)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 14th, 2021, 5:31 am

Until the 90's what?

( ;) for those that have latched on…)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 14th, 2021, 4:35 pm

True story: I actually devoted my term paper to the insane level of drama surrounding Happily Ever After, which is far more interesting than the (average but perfectly harmless) movie itself.

Basically, while Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night was released on schedule, Happily was delayed for years due to its legal woes, with Jeffery Katzenberg of all people proclaiming that what Filmation was doing in trying to profit of off Disney's brand was terrible (even I--as a DreamWorks fan--will find that a bit ironic). And when it was finally set to be released (as "Snow White and the Land of Doom"), it got pulled from theaters at the last minute--after said theaters had already received free figurines to give out to those who bought tickets (test screenings going poorly are what's credited for being the "official" reason this happened, but I suspect something else was behind it).

The movie was pretty much dead after this--Filmation was purchased by Victoria's Secret, which is just bizarre on so many levels. But the strangest thing is that a studio was created with the sole purpose of distributing the film...and ended up scamming a whole bunch of people, lying to investors by telling them that Happily Ever After was "tracking to be one of the biggest animated movies ever on par with Disney" when no such thing was happening. The guy responsible was later sued.

AND the rabbit hole doesn't end there. There are somehow TWO different versions of the film, as the theatrical cut was deemed "too violent" for home video and had some of its so-called "frightening scenes" toned down. AND years later an unreleased NES game was discovered, making it one of the last for the platform to ever be found. AND the movie (which was later acquired by DreamWorks, meaning JK at some point had ownership of the very movie he once took legal action against) is ridiculously expensive on DVD. Even used copies go for like $50 on ebay, and they aren't even of the theatrical version (which only got released on an obscure "fairy tale collection" on disc in the states which also included Filmation's Snow White Christmas special).
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 14th, 2021, 4:41 pm

Dacey wrote:
July 14th, 2021, 4:35 pm
…Jeffery Katzenberg of all people proclaiming that what Filmation was doing in trying to profit of off Disney's brand was terrible (even I--as a DreamWorks fan--will find that a bit ironic).
Although, of course, he also did that long before DreamWorks, by introducing Disney Video Premieres, the original name for the DTVs, starting with The Return Of Jafar, which exactly made sequels to profit off Disney's brand! Maybe he got the idea from…somewhere…? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 31st, 2021, 2:26 pm

Lady Gaga rumored for the role of the Evil Queen. If that sounds familiar it's because I originally posted a fanmade poster with her in it:
Daniel wrote:
October 28th, 2019, 7:27 pm
Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks Lucy Hale would make a great Snowy:

Seriously, she would be my dream pick.

Lady Gaga as the Evil Queen? Not so much. I could see it, but I feel she would be wasted since the Queen doesn't sing. They could always give her a song, but you know what I mean... one things for sure, Gaga is long overdue for a Disney film!
Feelings still unchanged. She would've made a killer Ursula, though! Guess it depends how they handle the character.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 21st, 2021, 2:18 pm

Filming will now be done in the UK. Originally the plan was to film in Vancouver. Will begin in March 2022.