Moana 2 Is Coming!

Post by gaastra » October 7th, 2019, 6:48 am

All the rock can say is your welcome!

https://www.morefm.co.nz/home/goss/2019 ... ana-2.html

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Moana 2 Is Coming!

Post by Ben » October 7th, 2019, 7:20 am

While I love the first film and would theoretically have nothing against a well-made sequel, I have to admit my first immediate thought was...

Oh jeez. :(

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 7th, 2019, 6:27 pm

This is strictly a rumor at the moment. No one is "officially" announcing this.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 7th, 2019, 7:02 pm

Yep, I think the site was simply influenced by a story from We Got This Covered and ran with it. And they are far from reliable! They seem to announce a live action remake practically everyday in the hopes that one will come true so they can say "See, we told you!" like they did with Aladdin. Please, even I guessed that one before they did! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 7th, 2019, 7:48 pm

Yeah, interesting how there really are no more true “Hollywood insiders” around anymore (except maybe Peter Bart, former head of Paramount and still editor-in-chief of Variety). Oh, and Kim Masters (former Walt Disney Animated Features expert) and Nikki Finke (Deadline and New York Observer) contribute once in a while. However, Michael Wolff, (who frequently covered Disney, especially Eisner, from the 90s to the mid-2000s) only writes about politics now I think.

Wish we had more journalists like them nowadays... :(
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 7th, 2019, 8:17 pm

Dacey wrote:
October 7th, 2019, 6:27 pm
This is strictly a rumor at the moment. No one is "officially" announcing this.
It's a NZ site...I've learned to "Nothing to see here, move along" with UK, Spanish or New Zealand Internet-rumor sites, especially where Disney/comic-book is concerned.

Although, Disney is right now--as in, not until right now--giving Moana the Tiana treatment of "Even if the movie was flash-in-the-pan forgettable, we'll market the character anyway, and you'll see how much fans love her!", whereas they pretty much swept it under after it faded.
The fact that they just announced a Moana-themed water exhibit for the "new" Epcot does suggest they might be trying a brief college-try rally for the movie.
(And, frankly, a do-over with an actual linear plot and antagonist wouldn't hurt a sequel, either.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 8th, 2019, 2:19 am

Tamatoa Strikes Back! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by kimgriffith » November 21st, 2019, 3:58 am

I LOVED Moana!! I’m a beach person and was thrilled that they finally made a beach movie and the animated scenery was beautiful! The characters in storyline were great so I would love to see a sequel!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 21st, 2019, 2:25 pm

I remember reading that sentence on a comment section when the rumor first broke. The verbatim I do declare! ;)