Li(ve)lo & Stitch

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Li(ve)lo & Stitch

Post by EricJ » November 20th, 2020, 1:10 am

Farerb wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 9:00 pm
So they are basically remaking Bumblebee but with Lilo & Stitch dressing.
And no 80's jokes about everybody watching ALF...

...Okay, take that back, at this point, it could be anything.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 20th, 2020, 4:31 pm

If they do remove Elvis, I'm thinking it will be more Disney's say than the Estate. They allowed his likeness and songs to be used in two semi-recent Hallmark movies and I very much doubt they ponied up the extra moolah! Of course Priscilla Presley did cameo in one of them so that probably helped. It would be such a blow to lose such an iconic element from the original.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 20th, 2020, 5:58 pm

Why not just make this a follow up if you are making a teen version? Lilo was later a adult with her own kid in the later cartoons so it's not the first time she was older.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 20th, 2020, 6:36 pm

That was one of the episodes I made the effort to watch. It was nice and very touching at the end. Made the series canon and no longer an alternate continuity (at the time it was referred to as *imaginary*) and it dispelled the infamous dub edit Disney did on the first episode. Adding that line that Stitch was upset and left because Lilo had a boyfriend. That was almost 4Kids level butchery.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 5th, 2021, 1:46 pm

Small update:
TheDisinsider wrote:Jon M. Chu was tapped to direct the project last year, but has exited the project to focus on Universal’s Wicked remake, an untitled Thai cave rescue project and the upcoming Crazy Rich Asians sequel, China Rich Girlfriend.
That might not be bad thing.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 5th, 2021, 2:36 pm

No way current Hollywood will make a movie called “China Rich Girlfriend” unless WB wants China to boycott them forever. :roll:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 4th, 2022, 3:43 pm

Lilo and Stitch is going to be featured in Better Nate Than Ever, an upcoming movie for Disney+:
Source wrote:13 year old Nate Foster is an unpopular Midwestern kid who entertains vivid fantasies of becoming a big Broadway musical star. In the meantime, however, Nate can't even get a decent role in his middle school's drama productions, getting cast as a tree in the chorus instead of the lead role he craves. However, when he and his best friend Libby mastermind a daring trip to New York City, without their parents' knowledge, to audition for "Lilo and Stitch: The Musical," Nate may be on the verge of fulfilling his lifelong dream. But first, he has to overcome a series of comical obstacles that threaten his Broadway adventure with disaster at every farcical turn....
Honestly, I probably wouldn't have given the film a second thought but with the promise of Stitch, well, it's now a must watch. Can't wait to see what they do!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 5th, 2022, 2:03 am

Daniel wrote:
February 4th, 2022, 3:43 pm
Lilo and Stitch is going to be featured in Better Nate Than Ever, an upcoming movie for Disney+:
However, when he and his best friend Libby mastermind a daring trip to New York City, without their parents' knowledge, to audition for "Lilo and Stitch: The Musical,"
Meanwhile, we also have a series about a girl who aspires to be in her school production of "Freaky Friday [90's version]: the Musical", another one that didn't exist--YET--until a Disney series made it up.

Errr, yah: With the problems of even large studio-backed Broadway companies like Disney and Universal's now finding it too expensive to preview in Oakland or Pittsburgh, it's beginning to look more and more and MORE like D+ is giving us an assembly line of Glee-clone "Aspiring to fame" series as an excuse to audition more Broadway movie-pageant musicals for big and small stage, on the overpraised shoulders of their D+ "High School Musical: the Stage Version" series.
And not just to avoid song rights of actual existing musicals that people would know, like Glee did.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 5th, 2022, 7:06 pm

But there *was* an absolutely awful Freaky Friday musical…? :?

Personally, I think the Better Nate Than Never thing is merely a stunt to renew Lilo & Stitch in audiences' minds, to keep it relevant for when the remake comes along.

What was the point of any of the original Disney Animation feature films again…? ;) :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 5th, 2022, 8:59 pm

Well said! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 6th, 2022, 2:00 am

Ben wrote:
February 5th, 2022, 7:06 pm
What was the point of any of the original Disney Animation feature films again…? ;) :(
I think it was for some OTHER reason than to sell other existing original Disney Animation feature films, unlike the later title-rescuing video sequels.

But, just like the vidquels, once they get past the Big 90's Four, it just settles back into the promotional business again, and now that Aladdin on Broadway has completed the required tetralogy...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 6th, 2022, 2:15 pm

It was kind of rhetorical… ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 8th, 2022, 4:12 pm

Stitch toys start today at McDonald's:

Plushies! I already visited mine and got #5 "Ukulele Stitch". So adorable! My most wanted is the sippin' one. Campaign runs until March 7th.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 28th, 2022, 3:12 pm

Trailer for Better Nate Than Ever:

Even without the Stitch angle this looks promising. And it has Phoebe!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » July 14th, 2022, 9:43 pm