Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Live-Action)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Live-Action)

Post by Ben » October 29th, 2021, 5:47 am

Ah, thanks. Yes, i could get it sent here, but risk a bunch of damage and import fee.

The Emporium don’t seem to sell out of the older Legacy sets, so I have a while before I need to pounce. I’ll see if it does start to turn up elsewhere before I nab it.

This could so much have been a three disc, with the *full* score and pop single versions on discs one and two (including the UK version of Someday), making up the full alternate film and soundtrack versions as bonuses, and a disc of song demos including the additional discarded songs that still haven’t made it on this set.

Still peeved about the Heaven's Light reprise: seriously, this is the one track that I almost always replay right away when I have the original CD running, due to its delicate nature, vocal and orchestration. Such an anticipated release, such a missed opportunity.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Live-Action)

Post by Daniel » May 12th, 2023, 2:33 pm

Not much of an update:
Comicbook wrote:For years, another movie that Disney fans have wanted to see remade is The Hunchback of Notre Dame. It was announced back in 2019 that Josh Gad would be producing a live-action Hunchback film, but there haven't been any updates in over two years. This week, we had the chance to chat with Menken about The Little Mermaid and we asked if the Hunchback movie was still happening.

"I have no idea," Menken admitted. "It's a tough one, because the Hunchback movie, Hunchback story involves a lot of real, real issues that are important issues and should be explored to be discussed. And there has to be an agreement about how we deal with those issues. You know, do we do a Hunchback without 'Hellfire?' I don't think so ... So it sits in this limbo right now.