Harry Potter and the Wizarding World

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Harry Potter

Post by Macaluso » July 25th, 2005, 5:57 pm

Well it's been a bit since it came out, and assuming some of you MUST read Harry Potter, I'm interested in what you thought of it. Use spoiler tags plz for anyone that hasn't read it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » July 25th, 2005, 6:25 pm

Finished it two days after it came out! Won't add much now in case others are still reading.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 26th, 2005, 6:52 am

I bought it at midnight! :)

Still not past Chapter 6, though. :(

That's because I haven't had the time!! Still, I find it hard to get into these books, as they are a lot of set up, but after about a third in, they usually become such pageturners that I can't put it down. Not reached that point yet, but I'll get there!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » July 26th, 2005, 12:18 pm

I'll be borrowing somebody's copy sometime. I have read the other five.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 26th, 2005, 6:19 pm

I finished it three or four days ago, which is pretty good considering I had to share it with my brother and sister while on vacation in California (50th anniversary in Disneyland - yay!)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

yu

Post by fani » July 27th, 2005, 5:31 am

public library ondecember...ppl will already forgot it by then

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: yu

Post by Meg » July 27th, 2005, 9:43 am

fani wrote:public library ondecember...ppl will already forgot it by then
Hmm...Good idea!

AV Team
AV Team

"Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire" discussion

Post by Dacey » August 12th, 2005, 4:11 pm

Woah. PG-13 for "Sequences of Fantasy Violence and Frightening Images".

Kind of a surprise. But, in my opinion, this indicates that we're in for the best film yet.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » August 12th, 2005, 4:36 pm

They've gotten progressivly better each time, so I agree.
And, hell. Once the 5th and 6th movies come out, a PG-13 movie would probably have been needed anyway. The violence and whatever else got more intense as the books happened.

I'm looking forward to this movie SO MUCH. It can't do what the books do, but I still can't wait.

And I can't wait to see more of Hermione.
<33333

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 12th, 2005, 4:53 pm

Yeah, I'm really excited for this one. Looks to be the best yet, even though the book was probably my least fav of the series.

The dragon looks awsome, no? :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 12th, 2005, 6:53 pm

Well, the audience is growing with the series, so why not get progressively scarier and higher rated?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » August 12th, 2005, 10:17 pm

Woohoo! Score one for movie-goers. I'm really liking this change of pace in recent years where we're not sacrificing good scenes and quality for a lower rating. Kids can hack more than we give them credit with appropriate supervision. I'm greatful for this return of real family movies - not just movies made for sensative tots the rest of us will have to endure an hour and a half of.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 14th, 2005, 4:53 pm

Only problem is that this is going to produce a big problem for parents. Many moms don't like taking their 5-year olds to a PG-13.

I figured that they'd eventually get into harsher ratings with the later films. I just thought that it would start off with the next one, "Order of the Phoenex". However, I guess that I was hoping that GOF would get that rating, and it did. So what I'm saying is that I'm happy about this, but I'm not sure if most parents are.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » August 14th, 2005, 6:58 pm

Well GOF's final scene is all pretty intense.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 17th, 2005, 12:22 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:I figured that they'd eventually get into harsher ratings with the later films. I just thought that it would start off with the next one, "Order of the Phoenex". However, I guess that I was hoping that GOF would get that rating, and it did. So what I'm saying is that I'm happy about this, but I'm not sure if most parents are.
That's the same problem number six has. The later novels in the series aren't children's books anymore, and the later films won't be children's films, either.

What'll happen is parents who are too stupid to take ratings seriously will take their little ones to see it, they'll get scared, and the parents will go nuts and start complaining that WB should have dumbed it down to a PG and blah. A big majority of parents treat movies as baby-sitters, which is why most animated movies aren't taken very seriously. :(