Space Invaders the movie!

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Space Invaders the movie!

Post by gaastra » April 21st, 2021, 8:29 am

Are the aliens going to line up at the top and the ship shoot at them at the bottom?

https://screenrant.com/space-invaders-m ... reg-russo/

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Space Invaders the movie!

Post by Ben » April 21st, 2021, 2:41 pm

I hope the movie doesn’t flop too badly, if it does. How many "Game Over!" headlines woild we have to endure!?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 21st, 2021, 3:57 pm

“Instead of shooting where I was, you should have shot at where I was going to be!”
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » April 21st, 2021, 4:14 pm

The only Funko Pops I own .. also, the only FP's that are 100% 'on model'.
SpaceInvaders_FunkoPops.png
SpaceInvaders_FunkoPops.png (294.55 KiB) Viewed 3978 times

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 21st, 2021, 5:31 pm

Mortal Kombat writer Greg Russo says Space Invaders is still alive at Warner Bros. and reveals his adaptation won't be a classic alien invasion story.
Ohh, I see, because New Line tried to 90's-nostalgia jumpstart their Mortal Kombat franchise for a brand name, so now "Videogame movies aren't dead", right?
Yeah, that...SOUNDS like Warner Thinking. :?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 21st, 2021, 5:39 pm

....were they ever dead?

If anything, they’ve been making more money lately, not less.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 22nd, 2021, 2:20 am

Dacey wrote:
April 21st, 2021, 5:39 pm
....were they ever dead?
Well, maybe, back around the time of "Hitman", "Ratchet & Clank", "Assassin's Creed", "Final Fantasy: the Spirits Within", that other Street Fighter movie, and OTHER attempts for game companies to license their own movie deals for promotional tie-in marketing regardless of movie demand, yes. Once or twice.
Not counting Sega trying to make two Sonic the Hedgehog movies to compete with Nintendo's Detective Pikachu.

(And that's coming from someone who can quote the cult lines from the proper 90's "Street Fighter".) :mrgreen:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 22nd, 2021, 3:52 am

But doesn’t mean it was a “dead” genre. Tomb Raider was a massive hit the exact same summer that Final Fantasy opened, so the genre couldn’t have been considered “dead” then. And during the (very broad?) time period listed here, the Resident Evil series managed to leg it out to six movies and become a billion dollar franchise. And even then smaller-budget films were doing exactly what the studios wanted them to (Silent Hill). And heck, Rampage made it to $100 million in the states alone, and that was based off a game that’s largely obscure today.

There also weren’t two Sonic movies made (unless you’re counting the currently in production sequel?). All they did was change the design of the title character.

Anyway, I’m posting this at four in the morning on my end. I should probably go back to bed.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 23rd, 2021, 2:23 pm

"I got it from space invaders in 1977. Oh yeah, that was a pretty addictive video game. Video game?!"

-- Wanted to move past the barrage of misinformation! Again...

Those Pops are cool! Love the 8-bit look.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 23rd, 2021, 3:00 pm

“It’s ok! I had another guy!”
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 23rd, 2021, 7:31 pm

"But-But space invaders need to do laundry too. I mean look at Donkey Kong here. Have you smelled his loincloth lately?"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 23rd, 2021, 9:06 pm

Ha! :)

“I could never get the last one! My brother always got it for me!” :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 24th, 2021, 5:00 am

Drop down! Increase speed! Reverse direction! Back to topic! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Tielsen » May 3rd, 2021, 7:44 am

After watching the movie "film invaders," I was satisfied. The film's theme is fascinating, and the film's image is very well realized. While searching for the movie, the problem was that the movie is not available on most platforms. However, the lam staff found the Long Tail Intro platform to be of surprisingly good quality. Therefore, I recommend the film to everyone, it is very well done and fascinating. Maybe someone knows a movie that the same lake could make because I'm looking for a good film and can't find anything that I like.