Hotel Transylvania 4

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Hotel Transylvania 4

Post by droosan » March 22nd, 2022, 10:09 pm

I thought HT3 wrapped-up things quite nicely, for all of the main characters.

.. but I just finally watched the trailer on the previous page, and I'll admit it does look like fun. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 23rd, 2022, 4:42 am

Randall wrote:
March 22nd, 2022, 9:36 pm
My enthusiasm for HT4 dropped with losing the original star.
No, I don’t like Sandler either, but at least in these films he’s doing a silly vampire accent, which anyone could pretty much take over. And since he’s supposed to be human for most of it, maybe it can be explained in a Buddy Love kind of way (even if no-one else's voice changes!). No, I don’t expect his voice changes that much anyway, and it’s still the same silly vampire accent, but at least it’s still the same silly vampire accent! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 23rd, 2022, 7:22 am

I thought HT3 wrapped-up things quite nicely, for all of the main characters.
They never finished the ghost wife in dracks old castle plot from the first movie. He even tells drack he was just at his old castle his wife died and there is a ghost of a woman in his old castle and drack does not believe him AFTER they just flew around on ghosts!

Thought that would come back at films end and it's never talked about again! Part 2 it's not talked about and part 3 he gets another girlfriend while the ghost wife plot is just abandoned! Why did you even start that plot?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 7th, 2023, 3:01 pm

Transformania is finally getting a physical release August 15:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 7th, 2023, 6:11 pm

Is this in any way "good"? I have the first three but would be fine imagining this doesn’t exist if it just fails miserably. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » July 7th, 2023, 9:20 pm

It's been on Prime all these months, and I haven't been moved to check it out.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » July 9th, 2023, 10:46 pm

Got a theatre release months after it was on prime also. Didn't help its box office put on prime first!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » July 10th, 2023, 1:15 pm

Ben wrote:
July 7th, 2023, 6:11 pm
Is this in any way "good"? I have the first three but would be fine imagining this doesn’t exist if it just fails miserably. ;)
In other words, you’re quite happy acknowledging that the extra film exists in addition to the Hotel Transylvania Trilogy, but it is not part of the Hotel Transylvania Trilogy! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 10th, 2023, 7:37 pm

You got it! I hate having gaps in between films in series I like (so have to have Ocean's Twelve, even though it’s a terrible entry in the Ocean's trilogy, or M:I 2), but can quite happily end a run and not continue with sequels, such as Jaws (first and second only), Men In Black (was there more than one?), ditto The Matrix, the Die Hard trilogy, X-Men after Logan, and quite a few others!

So I’d be pleased not to "have" to get another HT movie, and can feel satisfied I have the original three theatrical/Sandler-headlining films, but would also be up for it if it was actually good. As it is, I basically count it like a belated DTV, and I'm not sure I’ve read anything that makes it sound like an essential addition!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » July 10th, 2023, 10:42 pm

Recasting the main character and the change in director do make it feel like a DTV title, even before premiering on streaming. Still, I do need to check it out. I don't LOVE the series, but the films do fall under the category of "amiable time wasters."