Disney's Tower of Terror

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's Tower of Terror

Post by Daniel » June 23rd, 2021, 2:25 pm

Film adaptation of the theme park attraction in the works:
Toy Story 4 director and Inside Out scribe Josh Cooley is currently writing the script, though plot details are being kept under wraps somewhere on the tower's top floor. Johansson will produce via her company These Pictures alongside Jonathan Lia, and though there's no director formally attached yet, Disney will aim high, according to sources -- especially since Johansson is coming off of dual Oscar nominations for her stellar work in Marriage Story and Jojo Rabbit in addition to her high-profile turn in Marvel's Black Widow.
Could be cool. I'm game.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's Tower of Terror

Post by EricJ » June 23rd, 2021, 2:57 pm

Guess they had to update the old '97 TV-movie from when the ride first had only one drop, and more backstory.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 23rd, 2021, 3:40 pm

I think I actually recall the TV film…being pretty good? At least by network TV movie standards?

This will obviously have a much-bigger budget, though, and probably a PG-13 rating to boot.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 23rd, 2021, 3:57 pm

I remember enjoying it. Needs to be added to Disney+!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 23rd, 2021, 4:53 pm

As long as they bring back Steve Guttenberg… ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 23rd, 2021, 6:28 pm

Of course, it doesn't help that Disney now has only ONE Tower in their US parks, since the west-coast Disneyland one was Guardians of the Galaxy-rehabbed for the new Marvel area.

But they'd had the project around since all the attempts at a Jungle Cruise movie, so now that they'd finished that one...