Disney's Tower of Terror

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's Tower of Terror

Post by EricJ » August 13th, 2021, 5:14 am

Ben wrote:
August 13th, 2021, 4:49 am
Oh, Mickey's kind of already gone, Vi. Since he became a preschooler, he epitomises just the young young kids' face of the company now, perhaps not even as much so as Winnie The Pooh. :(
Mickey's still there, it's just their own hipster animators hate him because they never grew up with the original cartoons (Disney kept hiding them from us throughout the 70's, 80's and 90's)--
But, since said hipster Ugly Mickey cartoons are doing so "well" on Disney Channel, the Studios theme park has already bet the farm on turning the Great Movie Ride into an Ugly-Mickey ride, and they're currently doubling-down on pumping up the marketing for the cable show.

If you don't get those toons over there...consider yourself LUCKY. :shock:

(Or, should I say something about Scarlett Johansson's vanity self-typecasting, so you can pull the post again? :P )

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 13th, 2021, 5:29 am

…the 70's, 80's and 90's what?

Yeah, we have those "ugly" cartoons here, though I 100% grew up on the original shorts being shown all over the place in the 70s through the early 90s, so don’t know what you’re going on about there. TV showings of the uncut originals, Wonderful World Of Disney episodes, more "modern" compilation shows, not to mention home video and even on the front of theatrical reissues…they were everywhere! :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 13th, 2021, 8:28 am

Yeah, I started watching the Dis shorts (even some of the black and white ones) from age three and living in Israel! :). Early eighties, they were shown all the time.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 13th, 2021, 9:33 am

I have no idea what any of that was. :?

Yes, the cartoons were EVERYWHERE! There was never a period where Disney was “hiding” them. And love them or hate them, the “ugly” shorts are made by people who are very big fans of the earliest days of Disney shorts. So no one is doing it because they “hate Mickey.”

Gee, this is sounding a LOT like the “WB hates HB” conspiracy…. :?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 13th, 2021, 12:21 pm

Very much so. Baseless as always.

That Mickey series doesn't air on Disney Channel, it's a Disney+ exclusive. I love it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 13th, 2021, 6:50 pm

Ben wrote:
August 11th, 2021, 6:27 pm
On Cruella and Jungle Cruise, their stars were producers. They all had better deals and in all likelihood were a part of the decision to shift to D+. Emma Stone will get a Cruella sequel and payday out of it…
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 1234997784

Smart…and smarter. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 6th, 2021, 2:36 pm

Daniel wrote:
August 11th, 2021, 2:40 pm
Film has been canceled. Of course it could always come back from the dead. Shame.
Well, now that everything is water under the bridge, the film is back on. The thread is useful again! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 6th, 2021, 3:25 pm

Both came back from the dead! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 2nd, 2021, 2:22 pm

Taika Waititi to direct.

AV Founder
AV Founder