AV Forum Member

Sing 2

Post by gaastra » June 23rd, 2021, 10:54 pm

New posters.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Sing 2

Post by Randall » June 23rd, 2021, 10:58 pm

The first was surprisingly enjoyable, so I look forward to this.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 24th, 2021, 12:52 am

Ash was by far my favorite character in the first film .. so, it's nice to see she'll be back. :)

Though, Bono as an aged rock-star lion is also intriguing. :o

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 24th, 2021, 4:23 am

Loved Sing, excited for this!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » June 24th, 2021, 11:35 am

Well i just saw the full movie in that trailer! Also no mouse. Guess he did get ate by the bear.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 24th, 2021, 1:39 pm

And with Scarlett Johansson and Bono, I'm guessing the agent demands for "Lobby-representation character marketing" DEMANDED the individual posters. Gawd, we need to retire this practice...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 24th, 2021, 2:10 pm

:?

I actually quite liked Mike and his storyline, but he was an "outsider" to the group, so it makes sense for him not to return when he wouldn't have a reason to come back to the theater troupe.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 24th, 2021, 4:32 pm

Character Posters are not going anywhere. They've been around since the early days of cinema, originally going by Personality Posters. "Demanded" how ludicrous...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 24th, 2021, 5:38 pm

Daniel wrote:
June 24th, 2021, 4:32 pm
Character Posters are not going anywhere. They've been around since the early days of cinema, originally going by Personality Posters. "Demanded" how ludicrous...
No, that was in the days when posters had actors on them to tell you what the movie was ABOUT--
Today, actors don't demand percentages, they want Points, one of which is a piece of the marketing for their character.

Which is not only why every big blockbuster poster today is a "class picture" of the five or six major actors with size relative to contractual importance, but we'll also be assured of getting six posters for Marvel's Black Widow, one for each of the characters, even the ones you've never heard of before actually seeing the movie...Even more so if they're animated, and the celebrity actors have less chance of being recognized. We keep our A-listers happy.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 24th, 2021, 5:43 pm

Which is why Disney released several character posters for The Bad Batch to keep Dee Bradley Baker happy since he voiced all the characters?

I mean, a lot of the time the posters don't even mention the actors. :?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 24th, 2021, 6:50 pm

:roll:

Points = percentages, aka "percentage points". Clue's in the title.

Class photo posters are dominant thesedays because all kind of artistry has vanished from movie marketing, especially key art, which goes the simple "collage" route.

Sizes and placement and the like have been out the window for a while now, though still the result of much negotiation.

Six or more character posters are designed for just that: to make unaware audiences more aware if the characters in a new film, especially one trying to sell an ensemble and cut through in a crowed marketplace.

Re A-listers in Black Widow…there’s only one, and she's above the title.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 25th, 2021, 1:08 pm

Sad when someone thinks they know more than they actually do...

Anyway, love the original! Big fan of Mike. His storyline, design and of course voice! When he sang the last go around it really elevated the scene between Johnny and his dad. Hoping he makes an appearance if only to confirm he's alive! I'm thinking he did escape and is laying low. Although the trailer gave a little too much away, I can't wait!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by loucovert » July 21st, 2021, 5:27 am

I hated the first one, but I’m genuinely curious what the sequel would be like. In a weird way, I’m excited.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 16th, 2021, 3:20 pm

2nd trailer:

Incredibly spoiler-driven! Pretty much gives away two characters arcs... I know to expect spoilers, but this was a bit much. With that said, looks very promising.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » November 16th, 2021, 8:35 pm

Thanks for the warning. I shan't watch the trailer.