Cinderella: Platinum Edition Discussion

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 17th, 2007, 3:17 pm

We'll probably be getting this at my place sometime next week.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 19th, 2007, 6:12 pm

Glad your exited, WJ. ;) I'm eager, to here your take on it!

And after discussing the ending, over at UD, I'm kinda dissapointed with it. (Minor spoilers) Its just, I assumed they would go back to their present time, but no... They stay there. They lose their one year of happinies together, and everything. To me, it just seems messed up. But I need to watch it again, and see.

I'm still a little confused, about the Baker thing though. Maybe, Anastasia would've met him, just after that one year. Because, it seems those pictures, are meant to forshadow events, like the mice....

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 20th, 2007, 9:58 am

Yes, they are "what happens next" images.

And since the story proved that love rules our destinies, then it would calculate that, whatever the circumstances, Anastasia would eventually meet and fall in love with the Baker. It might end up happening in another way, but it will happen as this is their fate.

There, simple. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 20th, 2007, 3:51 pm

That's what I figured. Just wanted to make sure, seeing as how I misunderstood the ending.

Btw, I'm so glad it was #1 last week! It really deserved it! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 24th, 2007, 1:36 am

Wow, this hasn't been posted in since February! Has it been that long? Seems like only yesterday...

So, um, after re-reading my own thoughts, I'm just in disbelief. Not only has my opinion changed some, but how could I have gottan confused about the Baker situation?? Ugh. :?

Anyway, the real reason for bumping this thread, is this:
Ultimate Disney wrote:An insert inside Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dream announces that the critically-reviled 2002 sequel Cinderella II: Dreams Come True will return to DVD for a limited time as a "Special Edition" being released on December 18th.
I doubt anyone cares, but still worth a mentioning. I still think Cindy II gets more hate than it deserves, though. If you ignore the fact that's its not a 'real' sequel, its a cute little movie. I mean, I love the first and third stories... (And even like the out of place music!)

As for if I will double dip, depends. If they add something worthwhile, (ha) yes, but if its just a new cover art + slipcover, no. Now, if they come out with a 'trilogy' box set, than maybe I'll reconsider. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 24th, 2007, 10:27 am

Since I liked Cindy III, ultimately, I'd like this on the shelf. I don't mind not keeping up with some series after a certain number, but like to have all previous installments, so Cindy II is a hole in my line up right now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 27th, 2007, 3:47 am

I'm so happy I'm not like that. No offence, but I can't own something I genuily don't like. It just impossible. :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 27th, 2007, 6:20 am

I need to fill the gaps, man. But I don't own Men In Black II or Ocean's 12 or 13 if you see what I mean...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 27th, 2007, 7:17 pm

Oh yeah, I see what you mean, I'm just saying I couldn't do the same.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 15th, 2007, 4:24 am

Ultimate Disney wrote:Cinderella II: Dreams Come True: Special Edition will offer the new game "Race to the Royal Banquet" in addition to the 2002 disc's extras: the featurette "Musical Magic", the set-top activity Cinderella's Enchanted Castle, a Cinderella DVD storybook, and Brooke Allison's "Put it Together" music video. It will be among the handful of Disney DVDs promoted as being discontinued next January.
Pretty much what I was expecting, one new game. :(

I LOVE the music video, though. Espicially the music featurette, 'cause you get to see Brooke! (But its to short!)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 27th, 2007, 4:34 am

Here's the cover art for Cinderella II; which is simply horrid. Cindy looks off model, and Anastasia's hair color looks different. Well, hopefully they tweak it a little.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 27th, 2007, 8:20 am

Well, at least it now matches the other Cinders covers, but that is a really pony way of suggesting Gus' transformation...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 28th, 2007, 9:26 pm

Interesting how they have "Three Magical Tales" up there.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 28th, 2007, 9:55 pm

Think it was that for years, dopey audiences mistaking the three TV-pilot episodes for a "movie" was what made Cindy II the scapegoat for video-sequel complaints, even inside their own company--
We would keep hearing parents complain "Gee, the quality of their movies has declined!", and those of us who knew would be beating our heads with "Guys, how many freakin' times we gotta tell you it's a TV series??" :)

Here, they apparently felt they could remarket it as individual TV episodes, seeing as they wouldn't have as many future Enchanted Tales to fall back on for the Princess label, and maybe make some profit back by being upfront about it.
(And FWIW, always thought the "Atlantis II" Team Atlantis pilot was better than its movie, so there's nothing wrong with recycled pilots on principle.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 29th, 2007, 9:04 am

As I said iny my review for Enchanted Tales...they should just go with that as a TV program.

A new or recylced, Princess specific story each week with a different princess. I would have no problem with that.

It's the selling as a movie that hurts these things. Even "Belle's Magical World". Remember that one? That was for a failed B&TB TV show that never ran.

They should just use those episodes, combined with the best and most appropriate from previous series, and juice them all together, end of story.