Cinderella: Platinum Edition Discussion

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 29th, 2006, 6:26 pm

The cover art looks okay - nice to see on-model characters for a change! :) :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 29th, 2006, 7:04 pm

I quite agree Meg, in all actuality that isn't the real cover art, I just chose it because it was smaller and clearier.

For haha sakes, here's the very first cover art, that resembled the Platinum Edition of Cinderella.
Now here's the correct cover art (as of late) for Cinderella III: A Twist in Time.

A little bit better Meg? :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 29th, 2006, 8:12 pm

Hmm, I see why they changed it - in the first one it looks like Cindy is holding the wand.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 29th, 2006, 9:12 pm

Hehe, yeah I noticed that to. Not to mention Cindy's head is a little to big.

Do you see the differences between the two redish ones? They look more on model! Well, to me they do. :?

Btw, does anyone notice the Prince is wearing white in the first picture, than in the new one he's wearing yellow? :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 2nd, 2007, 11:48 pm

James - I just wanted to ask, is it really 'time travel' if the Stepmother turns back time?

Also, the official website is now updated, its worth a looksie :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 3rd, 2007, 5:35 am

Well, now you're just being picky! It amounts to the same thing... :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 3rd, 2007, 5:09 pm

Does it, really?

Ok than, my mistake. I was just asking is all :P

Thirty-four more days!!! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 6th, 2007, 2:45 am

Huge news! :P

Ok, so I was just browsing Ultimate Disney and someone posted a link, to an 8 minute preview!!!

Omg, its so hard to resist :( I really don't want to be spoiled, and by some of the comments, its spoilerific. Ugh!! :x

But, knowing you guys, you probably don't care much, soooo here's the link! The New York Times Its the last one!

Perhaps, by seeing the preview, you'll all be as exited as I am (wishful thinking ;))

28 more days! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 6th, 2007, 3:09 am

I checked out some of it, Dan. I think you're really like it! :) The voices all seem pretty accurate too.

Cool sig BTW! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 6th, 2007, 3:33 am

Of course I would like it Vi, it's me ;) :)

Yeah, its the same Vas from part II, so I know how accurate they are. IMO, Cindy and Tremaine are dead on!! Anastasia? Not so much :roll:

This is what I'm curious about, there hasn't been any confirmation about what kind of 'quel' it is. Some say its a sequel, while others say its a midquel, I just love anticapation!

Btw, thanks for sig comment, Vi :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 6th, 2007, 2:21 pm

It's... <I>The Lion King 1.5</I>!

Actually, this doesn't look <I>too</I> bad (well, not like Fox & The Hound 2 for instance), and the animation seems "okay". There were parts where I thought "oh nice" but then there were shots that were painful, and the wand keeps changing length.

The voices were all a pitch too high, but maybe that's the encoding. They weren't as spot on as I'd have hoped. Also, they're juggling with fire by re-animating scenes from the original...and that shows up the differences in quality big time.

The Jaq and Gus' voices were perfect though (and were always drawn more as cartoon characters, even in the original, so the cruder work here doesn't notice so much), but there's woefully not alot going on in Cinderella's face...is she now addicted to botox or something?

And those song lyrics? "Deny" and "try"...come on...and would Cinderelly really burst into happy-time song when her Once Upon A Time has just been ripped off from her?

And I counted The Little Mermaid, Beauty And The Beast references in there that were straight <I>steals</I>, not even lifts! And didn't the Prince have an <I>English</I> accent in 1949? And how come Cinders literally wears the <I>same</I> clothes throughout the entire movie? And why wouldn't she grab the wand from Jaq and Gus rather than let them run out of the room <I>after</I> her? Yeah, that's pretty safe... Ans she <I>keeps on running</I> without bothering to even pick it up after they get out of the room? Didn't she think it <I>might</I> be a <I>good idead</I> to retrieve the wand <I>as soon as possible</I>? And how did Jaq and Gus catch up with her in that room?

And... :(

See how, even when I <I>try</I> to like something the bad points just jump out? Some may enjoy this, but it is nothing more than a rushed out video for the non-picky little girl audience that just happens to have an interesting "what if?" concept behind it.

But, it looks like they squandered the opportunities this presented. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 6th, 2007, 4:22 pm

I knew you would find something wrong with it Ben. Sadly, I can't defend it, because I have not/will not see the preview. :(

But, I read the clips are from the first half of the movie, and the wand can change lengths, so that's something. :?

The breaking into song deal, this is Disney, they do or used to do that all the time.

And, um, all the clips are out of order, so who knows what the final product will be.

I'm just confused, why aren't the UD members commenting the way you are? Some hate sequels, and are praising the movie, and a lot of people are buying it the day it comes out. Ughh!

I still have hope, the movie will be good!!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 6th, 2007, 5:01 pm

I wasn't <I>looking</I> to find anything wrong with it Dan! The craptastic nature just lept out at me! And the clips all looked pretty in order to me...

With the breaking into song...they used to do this <I>at the right occasion</I>! Here she's happliy singing and dancing away in a sub-<I>Beauty</I> manner when her world has just come crashing down all around her? Where's the angst? Where's the pain? Where's the frustration that Belle had in the very same scene, even though she was singing?

It's called talent, and the folks who write the DTV songs are not writing Broadway scores for a <I>reason</I>.

I have no doubt that you'll love Cinders III: Squandered Opportunities (that's the name of a song, somewhere!) ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 6th, 2007, 6:10 pm

Oh, no, I wasn't implying that you were purposoly looking for wrong things, but I know how good you are at examining stuff, and whatnot. (Hope that made sence! :))

I really can't comment on the song, but she breaks into it, while just be devestated? That's awful! :x still, she does sing! Woot!

I have no doubt, that I'll love it either. I just hope the problems you found, will somewhat be resolved, or have meanings behind it. Or might not be so apparent. :?

Come on, there's so much good critisism going for this film, it must be great! :P

I just wish Jens were around, she seems to have inside info, and has said very good things about Cindy III over at UD *sigh* :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » January 10th, 2007, 4:52 pm

Just a quick note to say the 8 minute clip will be online any second now! Motion Video first, then the site :) Justin :P