Cinderella: Platinum Edition Discussion

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Cinderella Restoration Clips

Post by Wonderlicious » August 11th, 2005, 1:09 pm

This is (for me, anyway) oldish news, yet these were found on a webpage that a forum member on Ultimate Disney made. They originate from a Disney Channel preview of the Disney Channel Circle of Stars music video (oh dear... :roll:) that will be appearing on the upcoming Cinderella DVD. The restored images look rich and fruity (even though they are low quality) and so far I'm projecting them to be up to the standards of the Alice in Wonderland and Bambi restorations.

Here's a comparison of the image in the video and the image in the Cinderella trailer (also found on the same site) that I'll post here, the rest are on the link below.

Trailer:

Music Video:

http://hometown.aol.com/villianmg/Cinderella14.html
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Cinderella Restoration Clips

Post by Bambi » August 12th, 2005, 5:55 pm

Wonderlicious wrote:This is (for me, anyway) oldish news, yet these were found on a webpage that a forum member on Ultimate Disney made. They originate from a Disney Channel preview of the Disney Channel Circle of Stars music video (oh dear... :roll:) that will be appearing on the upcoming Cinderella DVD. The restored images look rich and fruity (even though they are low quality) and so far I'm projecting them to be up to the standards of the Alice in Wonderland and Bambi restorations.

Here's a comparison of the image in the video and the image in the Cinderella trailer (also found on the same site) that I'll post here, the rest are on the link below.

http://hometown.aol.com/villianmg/Cinderella14.html
Cool really cool, but i think in Dvd will look greater

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Cinderella DVD video clips!

Post by Wonderlicious » September 14th, 2005, 6:25 pm

DVD Toons now has eleven clips from the upcoming DVD release of Cinderella, including a clip from the new Mary Blair documentary, which differs from the preview clip that one can obtain when pre-odering the DVD from Amazon.
-Joe

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Cinderella: Platinum Edition Discussion

Post by Wonderlicious » September 23rd, 2005, 1:57 pm

As reviews have now popped up at the Home Theater Forum as well as on the DVD Town site, I think that it would be cool to start a discussion the DVD for anyone who intends to get it. How are the reviews making you feel? And (if you're reading this when you've finally got the DVD), what's your opinion on the discs?

Personally, I'm rather excited by this release. At first, I wasn't counting the days to its release, but once I saw the bonus feature list, I was swooned and I've been super excited about getting the DVD. The reviews are making me look forward to the release, although their confirmation of no audio commentary or pop up fun facts thing (which I was hoping had just been forgotten to be mentioned) is a bit annoying, as I love the audio commentaries for Walt era films (Dumbo, Peter Pan etc). Needless to say, I look forward to watching everything else, as it looks up to Snow White: PE level!
-Joe

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 23rd, 2005, 3:44 pm

I have the beautiful looking gift set here on my shelf...

...and no time to look at it!! :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Cinderella III: A Twist in Time

Post by Daniel » December 28th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Cinderella III: A Twist in Time is the second direct-to-video film sequel to the 1950 Walt Disney animated classic Cinderella, after 2002's Cinderella II: Dreams Come True. The film is scheduled for release on February 6, 2007.
Plot
Lady Tremaine, Cinderella's wicked stepmother, discovers the existence of the Fairy Godmother who helped Cinderella win Prince Charming's heart by using magic in the original film. Tremaine steals the Fairy Godmother's magic wand and reverses time, changing everything back to the way it was before - Cinderella still lives with Lady Tremaine and has to do her chores every day and anything else that she asks for. Cinderella and her mice friends therefore have to find a way to reverse time the other way round again before it's too late. And this time, without using magic. Can they do it?
Yes, I know another sequel thread, but I just had to :)

Speaking for myself, I am beyond exited! Really, every time I watch the new trailer, or even think about it, I get goose bumps! :D

And, I'm so happy, the voices for Cinderella and Lady Tremaine reprise their roles from Cinderella II. They were just outstanding, and sounded almost exactly like the original Vas!

Its sad that its Australia's last film, but hey, at least their going out with a bang!

-Discuss

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Cinderella III: A Twist in Time

Post by Mitch » December 28th, 2006, 8:19 pm

Daniel Jake wrote:
Its sad that its Australia's last film, but hey, at least their going out with a bang!

-Discuss
...and a bomb. Seriously, do you think that a Cinderella III was absolutely necessary? "And they lived happily ever after" was the end of the first film -- I think that should have ended it, don't you? ;)

Heh -- but hey, you love sequels...and that's your opinion! I don't mind at all. Heck, my dad worked on this film, so I can't talk; although, he hates the thing itself, so I guess I can. (snigger) :P

Well, I hope you like it, in any case. (chuckle)
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 28th, 2006, 8:55 pm

Cinderella and time travel - together at last!

Walt must be rolling over in his freezer!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » December 28th, 2006, 9:03 pm

James - Haha -- that made me laugh. :lol:

I'd love to see what would happen if Walt came back from the dead. He'd probably have a fit.... (snigger)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 28th, 2006, 9:08 pm

Mitch - to be fair, it wasn't really needed, but since they went ahead and made it, might as well give it a chance.

Yes, I love sequels and I'm proud of it! :)

James - I really don't know what to say. Yes, its bad to be making sequels to Walt films, but does that mean Walt would hate them? I don't know, but I've heard so much good out of this film, that one article claimed 'Walt would be proud' call me crazy, but that's a big compliment in my book.

I don't where the article is anymore, and I've been trying to find it, but it was from someone who saw some of the making of the movie and whatnot.

Whatever the outcome, the movie does look promising, and I will be seeing it the week it comes out! :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 29th, 2006, 7:48 am

'Walt would be proud' <I>used</I> to mean a big deal, but now it's a way to wash over the lighter fans who accept that stuff. I guess it's working!

Mitch...would love to hear some stories! ;)

And is this Australia's last film? Or their last <I>sequel</I>?

If Walt came back, he'd probably turn these into TV episodes, which is really what they are, and let them replay on TV forever more as nothing but that. He wasn't opposed to sequels per se, just un-needed ones!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 29th, 2006, 8:25 am

Daniel Jake wrote:James - I really don't know what to say. Yes, its bad to be making sequels to Walt films, but does that mean Walt would hate them...
I was talking specifically of what I mentioned in my post - Cinderella and time travel.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » December 29th, 2006, 12:27 pm

Ben wrote: Mitch...would love to hear some stories! ;)
You could say that again -- heheh. ;)

No one knows for sure what Walt would say if he saw what is happening at this very instant. I'm sure he would be appalled at the fact that the money-grabbing executive just created these sequels to earn a little cold hard cash. However, like you said, Ben, Walt wasn't opposed to sequels in general -- it was the ones that didn't make any sense and had no backbone that, to him, probably belonged in the garbage can.
For example, if he were here today to see Toy Story 2, he'd probably cheer. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 29th, 2006, 1:37 pm

'Walt would be proud' used to mean a big deal,
Didn't Roy Disney say that about California Adventure? :roll: :roll:
I also think this sounds cool! :) I"m excited too. :wink:

The Evil Stepmther is such a b****. :x

(J/K :twisted: )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 29th, 2006, 4:00 pm

Ben wrote:'Walt would be proud' <I>used</I> to mean a big deal, but now it's a way to wash over the lighter fans who accept that stuff. I guess it's working!
That hurt :(

I still consider it a worthy praise, whether or not its a ploy for 'lighter fans'
Ben wrote: And is this Australia's last film? Or their last <I>sequel</I>?
Sequel, I should've been more clear :?
Ben wrote: He wasn't opposed to sequels per se, just un-needed ones!
That's true. However, I don't consider many sequels, such as Cinderella III undeeded. But, thats just me ;)
James wrote:I was talking specifically of what I mentioned in my post - Cinderella and time travel.
Sorry about that :oops:
ShyViolet wrote:I also think this sounds cool! :) I"m excited too. :wink:

The Evil Stepmther is such a b****. :x

(J/K :twisted: )
That's good to know Vi! :)

The evil Stepmother, is just MEAN. She's one of my all time favorite villains, and I'm glad she has a good Va! If she had a horrible voice, the movie would stink. Thank goodness for Susan!