Jujutsu Kaisen Movie getting american theatre release!

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Jujutsu Kaisen Movie getting american theatre release!

Post by gaastra » January 25th, 2022, 12:28 pm

This film is huge overseas even knocking no way home out of first place in japan.

It's getting a full theatre release plus imax release in america march 18.

https://deadline.com/2022/01/crunchyrol ... 234919017/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Jujutsu Kaisen Movie getting american theatre release!

Post by Daniel » January 26th, 2022, 3:31 pm

Have yet to see an episode, though have heard of it. Crunchyroll has it up for free with ads.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » February 25th, 2022, 10:52 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 17th, 2022, 11:14 am

Studios says they are happy with Jujutsu movies pre ticket sales so much they are expanding the films showings.
Among the new releases, Funimation’s Jujutsu Kaisen 0: The Movie appears to be the frontrunner during this quiet March weekend. The studio has had considerable success bringing fan-driven anime films to North America, most recently with last year’s My Hero Academia: World Heroes’ Mission and Demon Slayer: Mugen Train.

Tracking comparisons for Jujutsu are obviously limited given the niche audience, so the question is which of those two recent releases it behaves more like. Pre-sales are very encouraging, and weekend play could be strong even after Thursday night previews. A true wide release is also at hand with Showtimes Dashboard registering nearly 2,200 locations booked as of Wednesday morning — already more than Academia‘s 1,585 and Demon Slayer‘s 1,614.

Based on the habits of these and similar films to exceed expectations, and with an IMAX footprint this weekend, Jujutsu has some modest breakout potential that could see it crack the top three this weekend. The Japanese import has a strong early Rotten Tomatoes score of 100 percent from 13 critics.
https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend-bo ... d-x-debut/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 19th, 2022, 8:03 am

People are saying the screenings in their theatres are sold out!

From the comments on a big box office site--
Those theaters for Jujitsu Kaisen 0 were packed in my area. Im not surprised by those preview numbers.
Yeah I’m going tonight and the theater was sold out.
I just checked My two local Regals and the 7:30 and 10:00 shows are sold out on both screens.

One of the theaters has it playing in three auditoriums and still mostly sold out all day.
Same here. I had to go today early since my theater’s Thursday night preview showing was sold out.
Edit: yeah theater was packed. Good movie but probably the worst crowd I’ve been in in a long time.

Keep in mind it's not going to make batman numbers but does have a real chance to make second place.

It's rt score is 100 critic and 99 aud with over1000 votes for aud!

Belle was also that high and no one went to see it while complaining no new movies were out.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jujuts ... _the_movie

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 19th, 2022, 7:40 pm

Looks like will get second place with $18m to $20m!

https://deadline.com/2022/03/box-office ... 234981855/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 20th, 2022, 7:31 pm

jujutsu kaisen gets second with impressive for limited release $17.7m! Third year in a roll a anime film did well in america.
In a weekend without major studio wide releases, Crunchyroll’s anime prequel Jujutsu Kaisen 0 is providing cash to exhibition. On Friday, including previews, the pic did $5.7M, another $5.4M on Saturday for a solid $17.7M weekend in 2nd; which is 17% under the $21.2M opening of Funimation’s Demon Slayer last April. Box office analytics firm EntTelligence reports that 1.3M bought tickets to Jujutsu Kaisen 0 vs. Demon Slayer‘s first weekend which drew 1.6M. Not bad.
Also looks like the R rating didn't scare away kids. Many showings were full of them.
Jujutsu Kaisen 0 wins on both fronts with critics (100%) and audiences (93% positive, 81% recommend on PostTrak). Kids under 12 were also excellent in exits, at 100% and a 91% recommend. Men showed up at 60% and 77% between 18-34. Diversity demos were a heavy 35% Latino and Hispanic, 25% Caucasian, 19% Asian, and 16% Black. Jujutsu played to great numbers everywhere, with close to 170 runs over $10K and just over 500 theaters doing $5k on Friday alone.
Very strong numbers on the coasts in Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco and Seattle. The pic is boosted by plays in 4DX, Dbox, and PLFs. Prints are subtitled in Japanese and English-dubbed. Jujutsu Kaisen 0 is the first movie to be released under the newly-unified Crunchyroll. Earlier this month, it was announced that all Funimation global group brands were brought under the Crunchyroll banner by Sony Pictures Entertainment.
https://deadline.com/2022/03/box-office ... 234981855/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 22nd, 2022, 2:25 pm

Been seeing a bunch of commercials for this.