Beetlejuice Beetlejuice

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Beetlejuice Beetlejuice

Post by Ben » March 22nd, 2024, 5:39 am

It’s a good thing Keaton played Beetlejuice around twenty years older than he was, so he can play him around twenty years younger than he is now!

Loving the recreations…the only things being his suit stripes look a little too thick (like a fan recreation of the original costume) and his voice seems to be lacking some of that old 'Juice energy. Let’s still hope it’s good.

Absolutely loved the way the title letters "creep" out individually to double the name. A very nice, almost handmade touch, appropriately. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 22nd, 2024, 7:12 am

Notice the opening scene in the trailer of her on the bike with day o playing is right out of the first episode of the cartoon! It opens the same with the day o song as Lydia goes past the school and bridge on her bike.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 29th, 2024, 10:36 am

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 29th, 2024, 7:20 pm

Nice ******* buckets! ;) :lol:

I’m pinning my 80s supernatural comedy revival hopes on BB now, after Ghostbusters failed to live up to the wonderfulness of Afterlife.

They’ve been running the GB movies on the BBC this week, with Afterlife being their big network holiday premiere this evening, which just finished. We watched it again and it kinda left me a little sad at how Frozen Empire didn’t match or better it. Here’s hoping a third new one does the trick.

In the meantime, there’s no way BB can really do what it needs to do, but let’s hope it’s more Afterlife than Frozen Empire so that we get a third and have to say the name three times! ;)