Voltron Live action movie back in the works!

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Voltron Live action movie back in the works!

Post by gaastra » March 23rd, 2022, 9:18 pm

They are going to try again. This time red notice director is involved, and many studios are bidding. Odd as isn't voltron owned by dreamworks?

https://screenrant.com/voltron-live-act ... velopment/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Voltron Live action movie back in the works!

Post by droosan » March 24th, 2022, 3:00 am

The Voltron series I'd briefly worked on back in the 1990s was made via Mike Young Productions, for World Events.

World Events was the distributor of the original imported anime series -- Beast King GoLion (Voltron) & Armored Fleet DaiRugger XV (Vehicle Voltron) -- in the 1980s.

World Events had licensed Voltron to Classic Media, which is how DreamWorks got their animated series. I suspect the same is true for this movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 26th, 2022, 3:47 pm

Apparently the director is also a frequent collaborator with The Rock. Commander James Hawkins, anyone? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 26th, 2022, 4:27 pm

Remember when the first Transformers movie opened, and more fans remembered them showing that inscrutable Cloverfield teaser for the first time?
Fans were so convinced that a whole wave of other Boomer-nostalgia 80's-toon movies were coming, there were fan-theories all over the Net about what the heck that thing was--"No, really, I heard it: He said 'It's huge, and it's a lion!' It's the Voltron movie!!"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 26th, 2022, 4:43 pm

Think the line is "it's alive" although it does sound like lion. I remember those theories, like Godzilla. Still one of the best teasers.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » April 20th, 2022, 10:44 am

Remember wb, universal and others were bidding for the film voltron? We have a highest paycheck. Amazon. So instead of picking a studio for theatres you pick a streaming site that you may get a few day limited release if your lucky for your big ip film.

Bravo.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235132178/