Disney's Wish

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Disney's Wish

Post by Randall » April 7th, 2024, 10:31 pm

Re: Frozen II: At least it looks slick. My rating allows room to go down if the technical aspects also disappoint. Like in Wish.

If Frozen II is a 2, one wonders how you would rate something like Hoodwinked Too, Happily N'ever After, or any other cheap inferior product. There are far worse films out there than FII. Take a peek to see some of the Netflix offerings from overseas.

One can argue for a use of separate scales, of course, as it is arguably apples and oranges. Sticking with a Disney scale, I can see FII being a 2. Then Wish would have to be a 1.
Last edited by Randall on April 8th, 2024, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 8th, 2024, 7:48 am

I don't think there is anything wrong with "modern" music in Disney films. The issue becomes when the music is written more to stand alone outside the film rather than fit the story and style of the film. Wish was so guilty of this. At All Costs absolutely is a full on love song they hoped would hit the charts. Couching it in "they were singing to the wishes" is such a cop out. You could put I Will Always Love You in that scene and it works just as well if you claim they were actually singing to the wishes -- which is to say it doesn't work at all!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 8th, 2024, 12:22 pm

Hoodwinked Too and Happily don’t even *make* the scale! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 10th, 2024, 9:18 am

And ironically, one of the few times I MISSED my Disney Movie Club reminder and got the Blu-ray of the month…. :x

Should there happen to be any defenders of the movie, feel free to PM me for a copy.