"The Wild"

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 13th, 2006, 11:47 pm

I saw it and enjoyed it, even though I had some problems with the plot.

It sure looked beautiful, though.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Groaning » November 14th, 2006, 12:51 pm

It was such an awesome movie!!!
I love it, really. And I saw it 5 times in theatres. I know, I'm a freak. :oops: :wink:
[img]http://www.pixarplanet.com/images/rat.jpg[/img]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 15th, 2006, 11:16 am

Vi enjoyed "Cars"?

That's a surprise to me. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 15th, 2006, 3:10 pm

spaz wrote:have any of you guys seen Cars ? it's really great. really.
Yes, many of us have! :) In fact, we got a big ol' thread for it over here -

http://www.animated-news.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1192

And yes, I agree, it was a very well-made movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 15th, 2006, 9:48 pm

That's a surprise to me. Wink

I liked some of it...especially the begining.

:o

It sure looked beautiful...and I also liked Luigi and Guido.

I just wish that we could have seen exactly WHY Lightening was such a jerk other than his "pride" or the fact that he wanted fame and fortune (doesn't everyone?) One of the best scenes was when he took advantage of Mack (John Ratzenberger) because you see how selfish he is.

But I totally don't blame him for wanting to get out of Radiation Springs....:roll: The script makes it seem like it's bad to want to be somewhere modern and convenient, but it never tells you why other than it puts quaint little tourist places out of business....which is a shame but what can you do?

The main problem was not enough dramatic tension and lack of a villain, or even an antagonist. Chick Hicks might have had some potential, but we see him for like what, five minutes?

There should have been more scenes like the one with Lightening and Mack, establishing his character. Even though Lightening blows Mater off at first, Mater is too dumb to realize it so why is it important? Maybe if he hurt Mater's feelings and Mater understood it or found out about it later, (like Hammy saying "I'm not stupid." ) their relationship would have been more compelling.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 16th, 2006, 9:24 am

The main problem was not enough dramatic tension and lack of a villain, or even an antagonist. Chick Hicks might have had some potential, but we see him for like what, five minutes?
The movie was based around a preson vs self conflict, not a person vs peron conflict. That's why there was no villain.

Anyway, so we don't turn this into yet another Cars thread, what did everyone think of The Wild? I liked it... :wink: