"The Wild"

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 12th, 2006, 1:07 pm

Um, yikes.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Wild website online!

Post by JustinWilliams » January 14th, 2006, 6:28 pm

In a short while Disney's 'The Wild' (www.disney.go.com/thewild) will launch its website on Disney.com - I really like the look of the footage we've got to see so far and the trailer's pretty promising.

Image (c) Disney

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » January 14th, 2006, 8:49 pm

Listen up people who will once again reply in this topic with "It looks too much like Madagascar", "I can't believe they're doing this" and whatever you wrote in the previous topic...

The Wild is a DIFFERENT movie! Please get over it being similar to Madgascar! This could be a better movie! Remember Antz and A Bug's Life? The last one did a lot better in theatres than Antz!

So anyway, I like this teaser image! It's really funny and I think it will appeal to the general public (with most of them probably having a deja vu, but eh).
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 14th, 2006, 9:08 pm

Thanks for the news, Justin. I'll post a bulletin on the front page when the site opens.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to The Wild, and I hope people give it a chance. That poster image is great, in my opinion.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 14th, 2006, 10:07 pm

I dunno.

I'll have to give it a chance, I guess.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 14th, 2006, 10:34 pm

Glad to hear it, Wendy's Jane. :)

Admittedly, it's not easy to just forget about Madagascar and Finding Nemo. I guess everytime something new comes out regarding The Wild, it helps to wonder, "How would I feel about this [poster, trailer, etc.] if it had came before Madagascar and Nemo?" I'm not saying The Wild will be great, but I think it deserves a chance.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 15th, 2006, 10:04 am

Yeah....I really like this poster. The Wild seems to be more about the animals running around NYC than trying to survive in the wild. This could be a pretty fun flick after all.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 15th, 2006, 1:08 pm

Yeah, maybe it's the opposite of Madagascar.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » January 15th, 2006, 2:48 pm

I'm honestly going to be going into this one with no real opinion. It obviously does have the Madagascar similarities which does leave a bad taste in my mouth since I was not overly impressed with Madagascar but on the same token because I wasn't impressed with Madagascar I feel like The Wild may have that much more to offer. Furthermore, there are a number of notable differences that I think could be a plus for this movie especially the variety of animals used. Yes we still have the lion and giraffe but we also get a koala, aligator, lizards, and squirel - definitely not all native to Africa and typically thrown together. I really hope they play up the "ethnicity" and diversity of the individuals. Also - if the plot takes place primarily in the city - that will be a huge plus IMO.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 15th, 2006, 4:07 pm

I love the idea of them meeting alligators in the sewers. ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 15th, 2006, 4:20 pm

I really need to see that preview.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 17th, 2006, 11:44 am

I'm still not hooked completely on the "photorealistic" animals...mainly because they are not photo-real or realistic.

But give the movie its dues and lets see how it turns out...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 17th, 2006, 1:58 pm

Back on topic, ahem...

Check out this French site for a higher res version of The Wild poster than has been released before:
http://www.excessif.com//news.php?14000

Best of all is their comparison to one of the Madagascar posters. Not the best one to put up against The Wild (I think the one against the zoo wall probale has more in common), but check out the NYC nods.

Even if The Wild IS its own film, why play up these similarities with such an obvious rip??

On seeing the trailer, I'm more confused! It does look like the same story, complete with hijacking a boat, and that squirrel sounds just like the penguins, while the koalas are like the monkeys in Madagascar...

The animation "acting" looks okay, but the rendering isn't even as good as Valiant, while the characters just don't look like they're placed in the backgrounds properly. Speaking of backgrounds, they look under developed (as in their build) and texture mapped badly, like a cut and paste job.

I hope the future of animation is not filled with multiple low-rent studios putting out budget fare like this, bit I did have to snigger at the shamless McDonald's and ABC logo insertions though. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Scissorhands » January 17th, 2006, 9:51 pm

('ello everbody :D Been a-lurkin here for a couple years now; finally decided to register )

eh, from what I've seen so far, it looks like it could be ok at best. I agree with the looks-like-Madagascar comments. How long has it been in the works anyways? Are they copying it on purpose or what?
*sigh*
Hopefully the animation/look-of-it will improve by the time it comes out. Seems like Disney could use some new writers.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Hennie » January 18th, 2006, 2:18 pm

The poster of The Wild: http://www.impawards.com/
[url=http://www.disneyinfo.nl/forum/profiler.php?uid=2]My Disney Collectie[/url]