"The Wild"

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » January 11th, 2006, 5:04 am

I actually laughed a few times during this trailer, and if I remember correctly I didn't have one laugh with the madagascar trailer... I haven't seen madagascar, but I can't see why madagascar is a lot better? From the screenshots of the trailer once posted here on AN I thought it would be computer game like CGI, but this trailer has proven that it has very high quality CGI. I would like to see it in HD though!
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 11th, 2006, 10:49 am

When I posted those initial screen shots I never mentioned (as I should have) that they were not finished shots.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » January 11th, 2006, 12:53 pm

Jens wrote:I actually laughed a few times during this trailer, and if I remember correctly I didn't have one laugh with the madagascar trailer... I haven't seen madagascar, but I can't see why madagascar is a lot better? From the screenshots of the trailer once posted here on AN I thought it would be computer game like CGI, but this trailer has proven that it has very high quality CGI. I would like to see it in HD though!
Madascar has an orginal and inovative character design, which is a PLUS for CGi (proving that even cgi just as well as trad. animation, can have a graphic identity just like Hercules, Kuzco or Atlantis or Tarzan had.), a big step forward compared to the lame semi realistic animals from the Wild. Moreover Madasgar got the penguins, they ARE the movie!

Lino

Post by Lino » January 11th, 2006, 5:14 pm

[/quote] Moreover Madasgar got the penguins, they ARE the movie![/quote]

Acctually if you watch quick they are using penguins, they look abit meaner though and abit too realistic if you ask me.

I just saw the trailer, Did they really think they could pull this off? This film is obviously trying to ride madagascars coat tales, it looks pretty funny but a few of the characters have a "dead doll" apprearance lacking the vibrance of madagascar (the lion & giraffe). They didnt really have to make the same (or some of) animals in the same location in the same sequence, I mean I would rather see jungle animals going to New York than the other way around. And on that note I still wonder why moffasasa and simba-ish lions are being dragged out of the vault for this one.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 11th, 2006, 5:56 pm

Acctually if you watch quick they are using penguins, they look abit meaner though and abit too realistic if you ask me
Yeah, those are my sentiments exactly.
“Like a balloon and...something bad happens!”

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 11th, 2006, 6:35 pm

Haven't seen the trailer yet. I will sometime.

Lino: I like your Avatar.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 11th, 2006, 6:43 pm

Lino wrote: And on that note I still wonder why moffasasa and simba-ish lions are being dragged out of the vault for this one.
Moffasasa?
I actually laughed a few times during this trailer, and if I remember correctly I didn't have one laugh with the madagascar trailer...
Yeah, me too...I mean I thought Madagascar was very funny, but the trailer stunk. :?

Lino

Post by Lino » January 11th, 2006, 6:54 pm

meg: [Moffasasa?

Ya, the father/son lion story in The Wild just is a bit like the lion king, "mofassa" was simba the cubs father in the lion king.

[/quote]Lino: I like your Avatar.[/quote]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 11th, 2006, 6:57 pm

No no, it's just that you spelled it wrong. It's "Mufasa". :)

Lino

Post by Lino » January 11th, 2006, 6:59 pm

whoops :oops:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 11th, 2006, 7:05 pm

MUFASA! MUFASA! MUFASA!

Oooooh, it tingles me!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 11th, 2006, 8:50 pm

Lino wrote:whoops :oops:
S'okay. Names from TLK are hard to spell...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 11th, 2006, 10:14 pm

Aye, that they are.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 12th, 2006, 12:14 am

Welcome to the forum, Lino!

Lino

Post by Lino » January 12th, 2006, 8:08 am

Mickey: Welcome to the forum, Lino!

Thanks glad 2 be here :D

Meg: Names from TLK are hard to spell...

I'd hate to misspell Rafiki, the U key is so close to the I