Five Nights At Freddy's (Blumhouse movie)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Five Nights At Freddy's (Blumhouse movie)

Post by gaastra » June 27th, 2023, 11:31 am

Trailer for the fnaf film. Still crazy jim henson studios is making the film with blumhouse.

Note couldn't find a topic in search so if there is one already sorry.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Jim Henson Studios & Blumhouse's Five Nights At Freddy's

Post by Ben » June 27th, 2023, 5:09 pm

Nice to see Hensons doing something different again, but what is it with turning childhood memories into horror stories these days!? I know they’re cheap to make, but were there really so many fudged up kids that are making movies now? Seems so…!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » June 27th, 2023, 6:54 pm

After all, FNAF is a horror game. This looks like a co-pro made in heaven!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 27th, 2023, 10:58 pm

Ben wrote:
June 27th, 2023, 5:09 pm
Nice to see Hensons doing something different again, but what is it with turning childhood memories into horror stories these days!? I know they’re cheap to make, but were there really so many fudged up kids that are making movies now? Seems so…!
It's a well-known videogame (so well-known as to spawn two knockoffs just on the IDEA that someone would eventually do a movie version), and was pitching to that audience.
As opposed to the international Eurovision-contest sweepstakes to see who can do the most inappropriate knockoff of public-domain culture.

And yes, all the Nicholas Cage and Banana Splits jokes have already been made.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 27th, 2023, 11:44 pm

I’m pretty sure Ben was joking.

If not, maybe the game’s pop culture impact hasn’t reached the UK? Because it was everywhere here in the states for a while.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 28th, 2023, 3:44 am

Oh, okay, so it’s a videogame, so that will have totally passed me by. I’m not a gamer but usually do hear about what’s out there, so am surprised I didn’t make any kind of connection, but maybe the series has indeed not made that same kind of impact here, though I’d be surprised if it didn’t since these kinds of things usually carry over pretty easy and it’s not like we don't have similar chains (we even do already have real Freddy's places). My point above kinda still stands, though.

Have also amended the thread title, since Henson Studios is not producing this, only providing Creature Shop animatronics.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Five Nights At Freddy's (Blumhouse movie)

Post by gaastra » June 28th, 2023, 8:52 am

It started as a indie game from one guy and now has full ps5 games, comic books, toys, shirts, novels, model kits and posters!

It's big with kids also. Tons of kid's merch. In fact, this film is aiming to be a pg-13 gremlins like film so kids can see it. My little nephews love five nights! Go to books a million and you will find kids books in the kids section!

The thing about the games is they also have some dark comedy parts plus a murder mystery plot and later gets crazier with its mysteries.

It deep down has a classic "who is the killer" that you have to figure out between the jump scares. The animatronics are not even the real main bad guys. The killer is and you get games that jump around in time and give pieces of the mystery. When that was solved, they start another mystery about who made the animatics to start with and it leads to more craziness.

Here is the trailer to the last game they made.