Curious George

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 30th, 2005, 5:41 pm

Ferrell is always funny. I'm sure he'll be great in "Producers".

But to get back to the subject of "George", I saw the trailer, and I have to say that it kinda underwhelmed me.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 30th, 2005, 7:01 pm

If anyone here has seen the original Producers and can picture Ferrell in the role...well, he's gonna be great.

I am, sadly, NOT a Ferrell fan (that whole Ferrell/Stiller/Wilson-sometimes Vaughn crowd is tired), but from what I've seen of him in the Producers trailer, he looks perfect!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 12th, 2005, 5:56 pm

Has anyone seen the new trailer for "Curious George"?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

Lino

Your thoughts on Curious George

Post by Lino » January 17th, 2006, 6:55 pm

Show me the Monkey!

Looks cute to me, definatly a recommendation for the kiddies.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Plightyear » February 10th, 2006, 6:34 pm

Message deleted
Last edited by Plightyear on January 10th, 2007, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » February 10th, 2006, 8:32 pm

I haven't seen it, so I'll reserve judgement.

But kudos to Matt O'Callaghan, in his feature directorial debut!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » February 10th, 2006, 11:32 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing it... assuming I actually DO go see it.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Matt » February 11th, 2006, 10:53 am

I might take my two year old, I've taken him to see movies before, he sat well threw Madagascar and Chicken Little, but he didn't sit well threw Hoodwinked, I might wait a few months and take him to see Over the Hedge or Cars. But I think Curious George looks like a decent way to spend 80 minutes, I like the animation style its so birght and colourful, and really it's the only major 2d movie coming out this year. I loved the books as a kid, and my middle name is George. If I don't make it to theatres with the family, we'll check it out on dvd for sure.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 12th, 2006, 4:19 pm

I'll probably see it sometime this week. Mom wants to go.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 14th, 2006, 10:38 am

How were the songs (the main sticking point for me on this one)?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 21st, 2006, 3:16 pm

Saw it a few days ago, and here are some thoughts:

I don't want to complain too much about the animation. It made sense for it to have a simple design and all that. But I kept thinking, "Did they have any in-between artists working on this thing?". The character movement was quite jerky at points.

Am I correct when I say that the film was hand-painted? That might explain why there seemed to be fewer frames.

There were other things, too, such as 2D characters like "Ted" (The Man in the Yellow Hat) becoming CGI when they were seen from a distance. And when George jumped in the air, he sometimes looked like he was breaking the law of gravity or something.

However, the lighting was very good and the scenes with George swung around CGI landscapes were well-done.

The storyline was alright. It seemed stretched, but hey, it is a kids film. I would've liked to see more of Maggie. Drew Barrymore was underused. Then again, the character never seemed to blink her eyes, so maybe she was hard to draw.

As for the songs, the only one that stood out was the opening number. It was catchy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Curious George 2

Post by ibrmacf » June 21st, 2006, 11:55 am

There is a post on the online encyclopedia, Wikipedia, that states that Curious George 2 will be a direct-to-video release on December 27, 2007 and starring the voices of Will Ferell, Michael Keaton, Dennis Hopper, Susan Sarandon, and Michael J. Fox. The article is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curious_Ge ... %29#Trivia.

(Look under "Sequels" to find this info)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Thalia-is-Crazy » June 21st, 2006, 12:27 pm

And the animation will probably be half the quality of the already weak original.

More bad news.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » June 21st, 2006, 4:14 pm

I haven't seen Curious George yet, but the animation doesn't look all that bad. It was refreshing to see a new 2D movie was coming to theaters after so long, and it seems like a very colorful and fun film.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

Banned
Banned

hello! welcome to our website!

Post by jn2j6f2h » June 21st, 2006, 9:30 pm

[Post deleted by moderator]