Peter Jackson's King Kong

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by SingingDuckGirl » December 16th, 2005, 12:11 pm

this theard is about king kong. not isaac15. duh. kong was really good. did you like it. i did not really get your reply. i hope it makes a lot of money. remember we are talking about king kong. ok. so what are your thoughts about the movie.

I did write about King Kong. I commented about the wednesday opening, and also about how it'll be forever before I see it. I do want to see it, but since I probably won't get the chance for a while I can't really get jazzed about it yet. Like, I wish I could say I'm seeing it tonight, and I'd be all excited. It looks great. I hope it does well, that the wednesday opening is not an omen.

I wrote about you because you /had/ to make a smart comment about weekend openings. I really can't believe that anyone could write what you said and think you were actually saying something credible. We are all aware that we cannot know the weekend box office actualls until the weekend is over! that's why he said wednesday! Can you admit you were quite foolish? Or did you honestly read so fast that you really couldn't catch that we were talking about wednesday and really felt it was your divinely-given duty to inform us that we can't know box office actualls til monday? Or do you enjoy being immature? So, I'm going to start this rumor that Issac is 30, no, 45, and what he's really doing here is purposely writing nonsense so he can laugh at the people who flame him and make fools out of us. I've honestly thought this since he showed up, and now I admit I'm definitely a victim. So, Issac, prove me wrong. By writing correctly, by being respectful, by thinking before you post if what you're saying is credible and/or is not meant to make fun of someone else. Though I suppose if I'm right, then there's no fixing you. Sad.

To quote Big Fish:
"You're embarassing yourself, [issac], you just don't see it!" I'm trying to help you. I don't want to believe you're 45. If you're 8, awesome, I understand now, but just grow up!

And then to make another King Kong comment, I really liked the original :)
Dad-Gum!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by isaac15 » December 16th, 2005, 12:30 pm

[quote="SingingDuckGirl"][quote]this theard is about king kong. not isaac15. duh. kong was really good. did you like it. i did not really get your reply. i hope it makes a lot of money. remember we are talking about king kong. ok. so what are your thoughts about the movie.[/quote]

I did write about King Kong. I commented about the wednesday opening, and also about how it'll be forever before I see it. I do want to see it, but since I probably won't get the chance for a while I can't really get jazzed about it yet. Like, I wish I could say I'm seeing it tonight, and I'd be all excited. It looks great. I hope it does well, that the wednesday opening is not an omen.

I wrote about you because you /had/ to make a smart comment about weekend openings. I really can't believe that anyone could write what you said and think you were actually saying something credible. We are all aware that we cannot know the weekend box office actualls until the weekend is over! that's why he said wednesday! Can you admit you were quite foolish? Or did you honestly read so fast that you really couldn't catch that we were talking about wednesday and really felt it was your divinely-given duty to inform us that we can't know box office actualls til monday? Or do you enjoy being immature? So, I'm going to start this rumor that Issac is 30, no, 45, and what he's really doing here is purposely writing nonsense so he can laugh at the people who flame him and make fools out of us. I've honestly thought this since he showed up, and now I admit I'm definitely a victim. So, Issac, prove me wrong. By writing correctly, by being respectful, by thinking before you post if what you're saying is credible and/or is not meant to make fun of someone else. Though I suppose if I'm right, then there's no fixing you. Sad.

To quote Big Fish:
"You're embarassing yourself, [issac], you just don't see it!" I'm trying to help you. I don't want to believe you're 45. If you're 8, awesome, I understand now, but just grow up!

And then to make another King Kong comment, I really liked the original :)[/quote]

wait wait did it i tell you this theard is about king kong. can someone please tell SingingDuckGirl this theard is about king kong. and get that in her head. ok your watching king kong tonight. well tell me how you liking it wen you watch it. are we cool now. no more fighting please.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 16th, 2005, 12:45 pm

Okay, stay on topic - King Kong please.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by isaac15 » December 16th, 2005, 12:57 pm

thank you.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » December 16th, 2005, 1:10 pm

No matter what way we look at this: a $6,230,000 million second day for a $200 million + movie is NOT good. it will pick up over the weekend most likely but this is definitely underwelming IMO.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 16th, 2005, 4:21 pm

Sometimes a great movie just doesn't make that much $. Remember Spidey 2? It didn't do that great. :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 16th, 2005, 4:37 pm

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1784

Really cool article on King Kong! :o
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 16th, 2005, 5:16 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Sometimes a great movie just doesn't make that much $. Remember Spidey 2? It didn't do that great. :roll:
But that doesn't make it any less awesome.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 16th, 2005, 5:21 pm

ShyViolet wrote:http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1784

Wow, that really is a great article. It has a nice little twist at the end, doesn't it. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 16th, 2005, 5:23 pm

Mickey wrote:
ShyViolet wrote:http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1784

Wow, that really is a great article. It has a nice little twist at the end, doesn't it. :wink:
Yeah, but that guy still can't write for crap...His articles are pretty much made up of fragment sentences.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 16th, 2005, 7:17 pm

Yeah, I was just referring to his info, not the way he wrote it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 16th, 2005, 7:31 pm

Mickey wrote:Yeah, I was just referring to his info, not the way he wrote it.
I know. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 16th, 2005, 8:21 pm

Just making sure. :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 17th, 2005, 1:38 pm

Y'know?

Your thoughts?

;)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » December 17th, 2005, 2:40 pm

My thoughts about Kong?

I'll probably see the film before it leaves theaters, BUT...

... I'm having kind of a personal backlash against because of the hype.

I just generally don't buy into hype and see overly-hyped films.

It's part of my nature, I guess.

The reason I saw ROTS earlier this year was because A) Star Wars has been part of my film-going experience since '77 when I was a wee lad and B) I just knew I had to finish the series even if it wasn't as good as it started way back when. Still, Star Wars didn't get as bad as Trek did in the TNG films.

Back to Kong... Yeah, I'll see it in theaters once, but the 3-hour length I think is ridiculous. I'll probably buy the film when it comes out on DVD but nothing else from the Jackson group. I skipped the Production Diaries just because it's a little much and as much as I like extras on film-making I'd probably only watch the PD disc-set once in my lifetime.

That's not something worth buying for me...