Looney Tunes Golden/Platinum Collections

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Looney Tunes Golden/Platinum Collections

Post by Daniel » April 1st, 2023, 6:29 pm

"What's Brewin', Bruin?" and "The Mouse That Jack Built" are not included in the Mouse Chronicles set.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 1st, 2023, 7:26 pm

Whell…!!

:lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 1st, 2023, 9:07 pm

Yeah, yeah, sure, sure.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 2nd, 2023, 3:56 am

It is to laugh. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 2nd, 2023, 11:31 pm

Riot. :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 3rd, 2023, 2:58 pm

With the Goofy Gophers on the cover, I'm hoping for "Two Gophers from Texas". Silly boy!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 4th, 2023, 8:41 pm

I picked up the Bugs Bunny Blu-ray set when Amazon had it at just $30 last week. Now, I realize that these individually numbered sets didn't necessarily go out in order, but out of this limited edition of 30,000, mine is #11,710. Maybe it means nothing, but I'm betting that there are still lots of these out there waiting to be sold, even though it came out over two years ago. I maybe wouldn't expect the standard edition any too soon. Though, looking at Amazon right now, they show it as out of stock, so it's tough to say.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » April 5th, 2023, 12:41 am

I just bought a copy of that Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary set over the weekend, too; along with the 'Mouse Tales' set.

I guess I got the next-to-the-last Bugs Bunny set, since Amazon reported only 2 in stock at that time. :shock: :mrgreen:

Looks like mine is #19,852.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 5th, 2023, 3:45 am

I am glad that I too bought the set, though as Rand knows had to send it via James as Amazon wouldn’t send it direct to the UK for the sale deal (so would have still bern $60+, plus shipping, plus whatever import fee customs would have imposed, typically 20%! :shock: ). So I’m not sure of my # yet, but don’t forget this is just Amazon's stock, and not only will there be more copies at other retailers (and even with importers around the world), but WB will undoubtedly still have even unsent units not even distributed during the first run.

So I’d guess this is still "in print" and the Amazon deal was to purge whatever large stick they had left. I don’t think anyone jumped on this set immediately, because it was overpriced and understuffed with the usual tat we didn’t want, like no small book reprint or digipack, etc). Just the three disc set would have been great for thirty bucks, discounted to around 25. I think that’s why so many people did leap on this deal, as it finally gave us what we actually wanted and the price essentially discounted it down to just what the disc set itself is worth (thanks yet again for letting know, Rand!).

Could be Amazon shows up more stock at some point: I’d bet that WB itself still has unshifted copies, so Amz might put in a reduced order of less bulk just to carry the title but not have as many units gathering dust. There are still plenty of marketplace sellers offering it for high cost, which won’t help it sell either. Or, of course, WB might cut its losses and split whatever units it has left into keeping some of the full run and using some of the disc sets to release it as a 29.99 standalone. Interesting to see if that would come with a slipcover, though the Fleischer Supermans doesn’t look like it does, so perhaps not, meaning that we did get the best deal in the end, for having a "limited" set with at least the booklet and Jerry letter, whatever one thinks of the Pop. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 5th, 2023, 9:45 am

Um, don't be expecting too much from that "booklet." It's just a list of contents.

I'm glad to have the Pop figure for the price, but Looney characters don't work particularly well as Pops.

The films are the thing, of course, and as such it's a fine set that I was very happy to finally grab.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 5th, 2023, 10:58 am

…but it’s a *glossy* booklet! ;) Yeah, I subsequently read that it was just a content card. Still that and the Jerry letter made it well worth picking up sooner rather than waiting for a potential standalone. I’m glad to finally have it too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 5th, 2023, 3:39 pm

I think the Bugs set was offered around the same price during Black Friday or Christmas time. Very tempted but didn't bite. With this new collection starting seems pointless to get now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 5th, 2023, 3:41 pm

List posted on Digital Bits' Twitter:
https://twitter.com/thedigitalbits/stat ... 79/photo/2

(Yep, Bee-Deviled Bruin, told ya. And Two Gophers From Texas.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 5th, 2023, 3:53 pm

I was right on both my guesses! "A Mouse Divided"! Love that short. Very strong lineup.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 5th, 2023, 8:05 pm

Daniel wrote:
April 5th, 2023, 3:39 pm
I think the Bugs set was offered around the same price during Black Friday or Christmas time. Very tempted but didn't bite. With this new collection starting seems pointless to get now.
Would just point out that the new Collector’s Choice line, for as long as it may continue, will primarily be new to disc cartoons and a few updates or "fixes" to older transfers. The hope and understanding is that they won’t repeat already available, so including the Bugs collection, cartoons. :)