New Disney Streaming Service: Disney+

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: New Disney Streaming Service: Disney+

Post by Bill1978 » April 26th, 2024, 6:17 pm

At the moment it hasn't happened in Australia with my quick search. And if this is the path Disney plans on going for the public to watch their products at home, then they really should not be removing titles from Disney+

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 26th, 2024, 6:48 pm

That’s weird…

There are seemingly more Disney movies turning up on regular network TV here in the UK than for a very long while. Beauty And The Beast (the proper one) just played on the BBC here on a Sunday afternoon, The Lion King (the proper one) has also played recently, and the good old Talking Pictures classics channel seems to have tapped a bunch of 70s live-action titles: despite owning the DVD for years I finally caught up with the bizarre Adventures Of Bullwhip Griffin there (Walt never really made a "bad" film, but that one took quite some slogging through!), and they’re slowly making their way through a bunch of other titles from the era, both primary and obscure. Some of them aren’t even available on D+ here!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 27th, 2024, 4:12 am

Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin was from a book by Sid Fleischman, whose children's books have a taste for old-fashioned Mark Twain style tall-tales.
70s Ron Miller may not have had the subtlety to translate his stories in spirit, but he's still worth reading.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 27th, 2024, 4:29 am

Considering it was one of Walt's last, from 1967, Miller had nothing to do with it (yes, I know I said 70s, but that’s been the majority of them on TPTV). Griffin was just such a chore, though. Absolutely no magic at all, and the end was just pretty stupid, and then just stopped. Ah, well, at least I've seen it now. Always been curious.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » May 1st, 2024, 7:33 am

No time travel saves for those who die in the x-men 97 series. They are dead. Ouch.

https://screenrant.com/x-men-97-gambit- ... explained/