No 6th season for Teen Titans?

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

No 6th season for Teen Titans?

Post by Zubby » November 20th, 2005, 1:58 am

It looks like Cartoon Network will not be renewing Teen Titans for a 6th season.
Fans of the show have started a letter writing campaign to save it. Follow this link
http://www.titanstower.com/source/anima ... mated.html

or use the address below to write.

Cartoon Network
1050 Techwood Drive
Atlanta, GA 30318
Zubby

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 20th, 2005, 9:27 am

Yeah, ..er...don't think I'll be particpiating in this. :(

:twisted:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 20th, 2005, 7:32 pm

No offense towards TT but I'd rather see a Batman cartoon modeled after the new Batman Begins movie.
“I want it all—the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles!”

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeorgeC » November 21st, 2005, 12:03 am

ShyViolet wrote:No offense towards TT but I'd rather see a Batman cartoon modeled after the new Batman Begins movie.

Um, that sort of exists already.

I'd rather they LEFT the DC Animated Universe in the hands of Paul Dini, Bruce Timm, and their writing staff, but it's not going to happen.

The upcoming season or two of JLU are probably going to be the LAST bit of work from this team.

Frankly, I like the OLDER Batman better than the "young treatment." The young treatment doesn't seem to work very well in comics OR films in my honest opinion.

The current heads of Cartoon Network and WB Animation seem to be enamored with the crummy stuff called "The Batman."

Be careful of what you wish for, folks.

WB GAVE you a younger Batman in "The Batman." Unfortunately, it was the kind of show we haven't seen since the 1980s or outside of any of a half-dozen lame Marvel shows...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeorgeC » November 21st, 2005, 5:58 pm

The other thing to consider about most animated series is that nowadays UNLESS there's overwhelming demand, most shows will only run for 52 episodes.

That's the minimum for daily airing.

It used to be this figure was 65 back in the 1980s, but it's been reduced since then over the past 10 years...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 21st, 2005, 8:05 pm

Actually I meant another serious-themed cartoon like B:TAS. (the Timm series like you said.)

And if Robin appears in Batman Begins II, IMO they HAVE to cancel Teen Titans AND The Batman because they both go against the movie! :roll:

It should be Batman and Robin, in my humble opinion. At least in ONE DECENT MOVIE. Not "Robin & Co..." Just one good Batman movie with Robin in it, please!!! :roll:
“I want it all—the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles!”