No 6th season for Teen Titans?

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

No 6th season for Teen Titans?

Post by Zubby » November 20th, 2005, 1:58 am

It looks like Cartoon Network will not be renewing Teen Titans for a 6th season.
Fans of the show have started a letter writing campaign to save it. Follow this link
http://www.titanstower.com/source/anima ... mated.html

or use the address below to write.

Cartoon Network
1050 Techwood Drive
Atlanta, GA 30318
Zubby

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 20th, 2005, 9:27 am

Yeah, ..er...don't think I'll be particpiating in this. :(

:twisted:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 20th, 2005, 7:32 pm

No offense towards TT but I'd rather see a Batman cartoon modeled after the new Batman Begins movie.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » November 21st, 2005, 12:03 am

ShyViolet wrote:No offense towards TT but I'd rather see a Batman cartoon modeled after the new Batman Begins movie.

Um, that sort of exists already.

I'd rather they LEFT the DC Animated Universe in the hands of Paul Dini, Bruce Timm, and their writing staff, but it's not going to happen.

The upcoming season or two of JLU are probably going to be the LAST bit of work from this team.

Frankly, I like the OLDER Batman better than the "young treatment." The young treatment doesn't seem to work very well in comics OR films in my honest opinion.

The current heads of Cartoon Network and WB Animation seem to be enamored with the crummy stuff called "The Batman."

Be careful of what you wish for, folks.

WB GAVE you a younger Batman in "The Batman." Unfortunately, it was the kind of show we haven't seen since the 1980s or outside of any of a half-dozen lame Marvel shows...

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » November 21st, 2005, 5:58 pm

The other thing to consider about most animated series is that nowadays UNLESS there's overwhelming demand, most shows will only run for 52 episodes.

That's the minimum for daily airing.

It used to be this figure was 65 back in the 1980s, but it's been reduced since then over the past 10 years...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 21st, 2005, 8:05 pm

Actually I meant another serious-themed cartoon like B:TAS. (the Timm series like you said.)

And if Robin appears in Batman Begins II, IMO they HAVE to cancel Teen Titans AND The Batman because they both go against the movie! :roll:

It should be Batman and Robin, in my humble opinion. At least in ONE DECENT MOVIE. Not "Robin & Co..." Just one good Batman movie with Robin in it, please!!! :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: No 6th season for Teen Titans?

Post by Daniel » May 4th, 2021, 3:40 pm

Another crossover, this time with DC Super Hero Girls:

Animated Series Batman high-fiving Brave and the Bold Joker. Pretty cool little moment from the opening shot. I'm kind of sucker for crossovers so I'll probably watch. Burgerrito - I would try that! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » May 5th, 2021, 1:02 am

Interesting .. this must be some sort of 'multiverse' crossover story, since the the DC SHG Robin has a completely different design/characterization (he's a supremely obnoxious jerk! :lol: ) .. and the other TT characters appeared as 'younger kid' versions of themselves in the DC SHG episode "#Tween Titans". :mrgreen:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 6th, 2022, 3:34 pm

Next crossover:

Will air on Cartoon Network May 28. That's a lot of Tara Strong! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 29th, 2022, 2:39 pm

Zack Snyder will appear as himself in the 365th episode this fall:

That should be a hoot!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 30th, 2022, 3:18 am

…and Affleck is back as Bats for Aquaman 2… Is this all heading towards… Could it be……?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 30th, 2022, 11:10 am

...that Warner is going to make the NEXT Justice League movie goofy and hipster-deconstructive, because of their old psychological Superfriends demons?

I assume that's the same reason Teen Titans was not renewed, as there was no way Warner could self-embarrassedly hipster-deconstruct THAT one any further after TTGttM without making the characters stick-figures. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 30th, 2022, 4:23 pm

The original "Teen Titans" series ended long before Teen Titans Go! To the Movies was released. And that was a movie based on the spin-off. Am I missing something because that makes no sense.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 31st, 2022, 4:43 pm

Well, it's YOUR fault for necroposting a 2005 headline just to post a tangentially-related YT clip, and confusing me in the first place, so there! :P

(And yeah, I was thinking, "Go ran for five seasons??")

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » July 31st, 2022, 5:23 pm

Go is heading into Season 8! Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the PG-13 version of New Teen Titans, so that it can adapt things properly, and without all the silliness. (Actually, the two post-JL: War movies did pretty well, though they had to conform to the continuity of that universe.)