South Park

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

South Park

Post by Macaluso » December 16th, 2004, 7:35 pm

There have been a select few South Park episodes worth making a new topic over.

And I think this one does.

Did anyone see it?
I have NEVER seen such an amazingly offensive and disturbing episode of South Park.
And I laughed out loud the entire time.

That show never ceases to amaze me. I just constantly goes beyond the line of decency. And this one blew the line away and peed on it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Lindsay » December 21st, 2004, 3:27 am

Well, I managed to catch a re-run of this episode, and I dunno - call me jaded, but I don't really see how this is so outrageous. It's closer to SP's usual "shock-factor" comedy than the likes of "Scott Tennerman Must Die", which was a truly low and twisted episode (I myself refuse to re-watch it, it's just that bad).

Maybe it was just seeing this after reading all of these aghast testaments from incredulous viewers that made it seem less "offensive" to me. In any case, I just wasn't that shocked by it. I'd even go so far as to say that it seemed a bit below par, compared to the show's usual standard. There really wasn't anything that innovative about satirizing all of the saccharine Christmas specials ever produced by taking some cutesy cartoon animals and turning them into Satanists. That's almost downright generic by Parker and Stone's usual standards of "shock humor." The abortion factor, in addition, seemed more like an easy way out of the lame plot than a real attempt at taking a hot-button issue and turning it on its ear for a laugh - here, it just didn't go "beyond the line" like it could have - for example Christopher Reeve's consumption of fetuses in "Krazy Kripples". I did think the parody of Mufasa's death in TLK with the falling mountain lioness, and soon after that with her crying cubs, was kinda funny, and "cute" in a morbid sense. LOL

But eh - that's just my opinion. I'm not exactly a South Park connosieur by any means, even though the above comments make it seem like I am. ;) I just didn't think this episode was all that it's been cracked up to be.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 21st, 2004, 4:18 pm

"Blood-Orgy!"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » December 22nd, 2004, 9:07 am

Just when I thought Mat and Trey had done every single most disgusting thing possible, they come up with this episode. I loved it though. I love how they are taking the whole Cartman vs. Kyle thing to new levels. Especially in this season (Passion of the Jew anyone? :lol: :D ) Did anyone see last weeks episode? in wich SPOILER - Mrs Crabtree was killed off? hilarious :D

GeorgeC

New interview with Matt Stone & Trey Parker on MSN

Post by GeorgeC » October 27th, 2005, 9:12 am

Here's the link -- http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=204647&GT1=7150

South Park has been renewed for at least another 3 years as it starts in mass syndication.

And yes, the mass-syndicated version of South Park BITES! :lol:

Matt and Trey DO have a price$$$$$$! :wink: :twisted:

P.S. -- Seriously, I'm okay with them getting more money in syndication, but like any R-rated movie, a show like South Park loses something when it gets neutered for local syndication.

It's still not as bad as the customization that's occuring with The Simpsons for Islamic markets... Oy!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » October 27th, 2005, 10:59 am

did anyone see yesterday's episode "Marjorine"? lol, South Park just never gets old :D And last week's "Day After Tomorrow"spoof was funny too. Glad it's gonna be on the air for another couple of years.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 27th, 2005, 2:42 pm

I don't care about the syndicated stuff. I'm still in love with the show, and that makes me very happy to find out that they are renewed for 3 years.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 28th, 2005, 3:36 pm

Jeffrey Katzenberg has said that he watches South Park, too. :P

(I personally think it's really funny! Especially the "Mr. Jefferson" episode!) :D
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 29th, 2005, 8:52 am

South Park is still the funniest thing on TV and Matt and Trey are geniuses (or geniy?)

I can't wait till we get a Song Of The South Park episode, when that film finally comes to DVD in 06...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

South Park Christmas episode

Post by ShyViolet » December 29th, 2005, 1:16 pm

I saw the South Park marathon of Xmas episodes on Christmas eve.
They were really funny. Was the one with Santa flying over Iraq a new one? They also had one with only songs, which was all right, but not great. I still think the Critter Christmas one is the funniest. :roll:

BTW I love Kyle's Hanuhka song! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 29th, 2005, 3:29 pm

That christmas episode is only beaten by Woodland Critter Christmas.

The best part of that whole episode was when Jesus had to go to iraq and save santa.

"My son... I am packing" and (#&$ing STABS the iraqi! Holy s***! That episode was awesome. Woodland Critter Christmas, however, wins for best christmas episode by far. Simply for the "what the CHRIST" moment that is the blood orgy. Like... They've done some pretty insane stuff on that show. What with Cartman feeding Scott Tenorman his own parents in chili. But THAT just blew everything else they've done out of the water. My mouth was agape. I didn't know how to react to it. But it was DAMNED hilarious. Also, the whole abortion thing just added to it being completely ridiculous.

And the ending kind of justifies the entire insane episode.
Cartman is the one that's telling the story. So the insanity and evil in the episode all makes sense

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 30th, 2005, 3:59 pm

I also wanted to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Christmas episode when Kyle's adopted brother Ike has to go back to Canada with his birth parents. The parody on Wizard of Oz was SO funny ("It's Canada...we only have one road!") :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 31st, 2005, 3:14 am

OH LORD THE CANADA EPISODE WAS RIDICULOUS.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 4th, 2006, 6:44 am

Cycle Of Poo.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 4th, 2006, 2:17 pm

Ha ha...that was a very funny one (if gross!) :)