South Park

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 3rd, 2007, 1:35 am

Sure.... ;)

Btw, here's a rumor for a possible season 10 release date! http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7090

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 20th, 2007, 5:25 pm

Has anyone ever seen this rare trailer for SP: B, L and U ? It was originally on Amazon.com for some reason...:)

Funny!!! :lol:

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 21st, 2007, 9:24 am

Vi, that's not rare! It's on the DVD! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by rebelrex » May 31st, 2007, 11:16 am

yeah i absolutely love south park, im not quite as obsessed as some of my friends, but i think its hilarious. one of my favorite episodes was the WoW one. funny (and sad) bc i know a kid that plays it and the episode rang so true to his gaming life. funny stuff.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 23rd, 2008, 11:10 am

I can't stand South Park,why does people like it?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 23rd, 2008, 11:49 am

I don't know why. The first two seasons and the movie were really good, the third season was okay but started to slip a bit, and starting with the fourth season it just plumetted and hasn't been good since. I think it's because the show's had a more conservative viewpoint of late and as we all know, conservative humor just isn't funny. Mean, perhaps (like the Goobacks episode in which the message was "the mexicans are taking our jobs"), but rarely funny. That's why I watch Family Guy, see. They skewer everyone and hit the nail on the head more often than not. That's why the South Park guys hate Family Guy so much, because they know it's the better show and they've been outdone and they just can't stand it. It's kind of sad really, to see once brilliant guys give in to petty jealousy. Ah well, what are ya gonna do?
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 23rd, 2008, 2:38 pm

I didn't saw an episode of Family Guy (i did saw a few clip on YouTube and it's nice) but South Park... just a series about cartoonish kids coursing with funny talking and stupid mesages (like you said "the Maxicans are taking the American's jobs") and it's not funny seeing a whale get kidnapped,send to the moon and die.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 10th, 2008, 5:23 pm

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 10th, 2008, 7:49 pm

http://www.animated-news.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2772

The South Park business was unfortunate, but Chef will be missed.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » October 12th, 2008, 8:39 pm

Well, the second-half season premiere was so-so. Even as a late adopter to South Park (only began to watch it just over a year ago), I can see where people are coming from saying the older shows were better. It seems, to me, that they're becoming increasingly focused on current event commentary than the fun, inane plots they used to weave.

Mind you, a few standouts like the Imaginationland trilogy still come out. I'm willing to accept several mediocre episodes a season if a few gold episodes come out of a season, too.

So far though, this season has less than impressed.

But I loved the bashing of Spielberg/Lucas in Wednesday's episode. Parker/Stone love beating up on those guys!
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » March 23rd, 2009, 8:59 am

The Ring was so funny... I loved it how they made mickey into a greedy potty mouth person. XD

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » April 3rd, 2009, 10:45 am

Argeed Darkblade, Finally Mickey shows who's boss..XD

AV Team
AV Team

Re: South Park Christmas episode

Post by Dacey » October 24th, 2010, 11:10 pm

Did anyone see the "Inception" episode of this show? I'm not really a fan of the series at all, but I did watch that episode online, and am not ashamed to admit that I found it pretty funny.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: South Park Christmas episode

Post by EricJ » October 25th, 2010, 6:51 am

And as we eventually found out, it was funnier on CollegeHumor.com:
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1939332

(Okay, this's the fifth CH.com sketch of near Daily-level brilliance I've found myself reposting since their two McCain-election sketches...
They are rapidly becoming a force to be reckoned with, and SP may very well no longer be the Sultans of Sarcasm.) :(

GeorgeC

Nobody watched South Park this week????

Post by GeorgeC » November 4th, 2010, 5:52 pm

A) It featured the reveal of Mysterion -- a longtime South Park character who ISN'T known for speaking clearly. The last time you could understand him was in the South Park feature film!

B) One of the guilty pleasures of this episode -- the second part of what looks to be at least a three-part story -- is the parody of "My Neighbor Totoro."

Yes, Hayao Miyazaki's sweetest film -- done before he became a total bitter mudstick -- is parodied in a sequence. Completely aping a flying sequence from the classic anime feature with a parody of the film's main theme, too! Really good stuff... With a bit of H.P. Lovecraft thrown in, too!

There are clips of the episode all over the web including the full episode online at the South Park Studios website.

South Park is still by far Comedy Central's strongest running original series. Excepting Futurama which was acquired from Cartoon Network and Fox, there is nothing that comes close to this show.

I'm amazed that 14 years later an occasional comic gem still gets produced on South Park. There are other longer-running shows where the same can't be said much anymore....