The Twilight Zone

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The Twilight Zone

Post by Daniel » October 20th, 2021, 3:20 pm

If the picture is anything to go by, it's the same release just without the outer slipcase.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 27th, 2021, 2:54 pm

Kickstarter for a Rod Serling statue in his hometown. Really cool, will be phenomenal if it happens. 18 days left and still a ways to go! I hope it does. Some pretty awesome perks if you back it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 5th, 2021, 2:38 pm

A VR game is coming soon:

UK-based studio Pocket Money Games is developing a VR game based on the 1959 series. The Twilight Zone VR is currently in development for the Oculus Quest and PlayStation VR, and will feature three self-contained single-player episodes that run the gamut from sci-fi to psychological horror.

Publisher Fun Train is serving as executive producer for the project, and who are no strangers to the genre, having also contributed to The Exorcist: Legion VR (which we loved). “The team of creatives and developers we’ve assembled are true visionaries who have a deep reverence for The Twilight Zone franchise,” says Douglas Nabors, Fun Train CEO. “Nobody has made an anthology like this before that encompasses so many divergent experiences – all in the same game.”

There’s no release date as of yet for the title, though it’s expected to release in 2022.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 16th, 2021, 12:21 pm

The Kickstarter has ended and... it did not reach its goal. Didn't think it would. Still, half the amount is pretty impressive. Now to see what happens.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 16th, 2021, 6:08 pm

They could make one half the size…? ;)

Or, more seriously, do something clever with the design to hide the fact they don’t have the full funds. I’d imagine they can work around it or someone will come to the rescue.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 17th, 2021, 1:13 am

They mentioned that it got the ear of local NY state politicians, so don't think we've heard the last of a statue.
I put my chip in the pot, but even then said that a statue should be about Rod and not about the Zone Door.

(We used to have a Serling law agency in Seneca Falls, NY, and I remember hearing rumors it might've been a relative. Always freaked me out to hear "Cayuga" and the Finger Lakes mentioned in TZ episodes.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 15th, 2021, 9:13 pm

What Homer’s actual medical expenses would look like if he wasn’t a cartoon:

https://nerdist.com/article/homer-simps ... f-dollars/

Although he is, as Frank Grimes said, a man who “by all rights should have died hundreds of times by now.”

“Dental plan…Lisa needs braces…Dental plan…Lisa needs braces…Dental plan…Lisa needs braces…”

:P

EDIT: Oh wow, can’t believe I put this in the wrong thread…
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 16th, 2021, 2:20 pm

You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... a paddlin'.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 16th, 2021, 6:29 pm

Lol!!!! :lol:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 6th, 2022, 3:20 pm

A Zone inspired Christmas tree:

Pretty awesome! Shame it cuts off, though. They seriously need to make more ornaments! Would love a Talky Tina or even a Norma painting! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 6th, 2022, 3:28 pm

...What, no Henry Corwin?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 6th, 2022, 3:40 pm

Ah yes, of course. "The Night of the Meek" is just made for it! Love that episode. It's not Christmas without it!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 6th, 2022, 3:44 pm

A “flying saucer” miniature USA spaceship from The Invaders maybe. Also perhaps a thimble from the mannequin ep lol. :)

Or how about the “dolls” from that existential six characters in an empty room one?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 6th, 2022, 3:52 pm

Ooh, those would be cool! Be neat to have one with all of them poking outside of a barrel.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 6th, 2022, 4:37 pm

Lol I like that! So cute. :)