The Twilight Zone

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The Twilight Zone

Post by ShyViolet » December 29th, 2020, 5:50 am

Episode schedule for SyFy Twilight marathon:

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/twi ... d-serling/

Still, half the fun has always been the guessing! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 30th, 2020, 12:49 pm

"The Midnight Sun" is once again not airing at midnight for the new year. Arg! I know what I'll be watching starting tomorrow. Saying goodbye to a Twilighty year watching Zone! How fitting. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 2nd, 2021, 9:58 pm

How was the marathon? Did you get to see your favorites? :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 4th, 2021, 3:27 pm

Twas great! Literally the best part of New Years. Been my tradition for years. Saw many of my favorites; "One for the Angels", "Night of the Meek" and "Nightmare as a Child" (picking ones I know I haven't written about) Creepy Little Girl especially, such a memorable performance by Terry Burnham! "Remember Helen!?" ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 4th, 2021, 5:34 pm

That’s awesome! Glad you enjoyed. :)

In the ‘83 Movie, Helen Foley is the name of the lady who stumbles on psycho kid Anthony and becomes trapped in his nightmare house. Apparently she was also on her way to...Willoughby! :)

One favorite of mine that I haven’t really mentioned is And When the Sky Was Opened, with the three astronauts. Great performances all around.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 5th, 2021, 2:35 pm

That's a favorite of mine, too. The uncertainty of it. Makes you think about why you would remember someone and others forgot about them. The wonder of it all.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 5th, 2021, 3:09 pm

Exactly! :). Great way of putting it.

(Also the musical score is pretty darn terrifying. :shock: )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 5th, 2021, 3:39 pm

That it is, which fits since it's a pretty terrifying episode! Embeds such dread within you. We think we're smart but we have no idea what's going on in the grand scheme of things. Such a simple concept executed so well. No monsters, aliens, special effects.. little visual ques were all you needed to understand what was happening.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 28th, 2021, 8:18 pm

Sad to hear about Cloris Leachman passing. She was insanely talented. May she rest in peace... in the Twilight Zone.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 28th, 2021, 8:30 pm

That is certainly very sad. :( I really liked her in both the update and definitely the original episode. She was great at conveying a good woman caught in a terrible situation, raising a monster child that she probably barely considers her son anymore. (If at all.).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 28th, 2021, 9:08 pm

Vould you like some...vaaaarrm milk...?

RIP, one of the best.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 30th, 2021, 4:10 pm

Bill wrote a wonderful tribute:
Bill Mumy wrote:I had the great privilege and pleasure of working closely with Cloris Leachman four times in my acting career. I played her son in all four of those projects which were starring roles for both of us. We worked on "The Loretta Young Show", "Going My Way" (with Gene Kelly) and "The Twilight Zone" (in the classic episode, "It's A Good Life" and the sequel 40 years later, "It's Still A Good Life" which also starred my daughter, Liliana Mumy). I've been fortunate to work with many iconic talents over the course of my life, but NONE were better than Cloris. She was an amazing talent. Any actor who was lucky enough to work with her will immediately know what I mean when I say she truly bumped up your game. You rose to the occasion when acting alongside Cloris Leachman because she wouldn't accept anything less than the very best you had inside to bring and she helped you find it. Cloris was a force to be reckoned with. I can't say I ever knew anyone bolder than her. She was bawdy and brave and sassy and hysterically quick and funny and she took no prisoners. She taught me a lot about acting when I was only a very young child. We remained friends over the decades. Her son, George, and I were in a band together. My kids went to Easter Egg parties at her home when they were little. I will always appreciate her greatness and I will never forget how lucky I was to work with her multiple times. Thankfully, Cloris' immense talents were very well acknowledged and she lived a long, uncompromising life. I'm sorry she's gone but I am grateful she was here for so long and left us so much. Lastly, I'll add that many people are not aware of the fact that Cloris was an incredibly talented pianist. I consider myself blessed to have heard her play. Thinking Real Good thoughts for you, "Mom"... You had a good life... A Real Good life.🙏🏻🙏🏻✌️❤️

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 30th, 2021, 6:29 pm

Ah, lovely. My sister and I still say "Hello!" they way she does as she gets out of Herbie in Herbie Goes Bananas. So many quotable lines in her career,

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 31st, 2021, 3:49 am

Ben wrote:
January 28th, 2021, 9:08 pm
Vould you like some...vaaaarrm milk...?
Being a fan of malted-chocolate, I don't buy just any chocolate milk brand. When I think about it, I find I'm buying "OOOOO-valtine".

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 31st, 2021, 6:28 am

Yes! He vaas my...boyfriend! :lol: