Eisner to host talk show

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Eisner to host talk show

Post by ShyViolet » January 23rd, 2006, 11:11 am

Some people here might already know about this but I just thought I'd post that Michael Eisner's going to have his own talk show on CNBC once every two months. (I don't know when it's starting.)

I would definetely watch it, it seems that it would be quite interesting. Especially if he has Jeffrey Katzenberg on it. :P

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060110/ap_ ... isner_cnbc
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » January 23rd, 2006, 11:48 am

just because he looks like a DR Phil clone doesn't mean his own talkshow is a good idea.. I want him to disappear... he's made all these millions from Disney, just get out now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 23rd, 2006, 12:12 pm

Eisner isn't like Dr. Phil. Dr. Phil is a fraud with absolutely no talent whatsoever. He's been sued by former patients for malpractice.

Eisner has different strengths and a surprsing amount of presence and charisma. I look foward to seeing his show. Give him a chance.

After all, years ago he wanted to be a playwright. Not exactly a "suit" in the classic sense, now is he?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » January 23rd, 2006, 1:07 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Eisner isn't like Dr. Phil. Dr. Phil is a fraud with absolutely no talent whatsoever. He's been sued by former patients for malpractice.
I never said Dr Phil wasn't a fraud, Eisner on the other hand should be sued for destroying Disney. He systematically killed off every little thing that made it great. He built it up and broke it down. He killed traditional animation. period.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 23rd, 2006, 1:57 pm

Look, please, give Eisner a break, alright?

Since I'm Roy Disney, I can't believe I just said that!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 23rd, 2006, 2:01 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:Since I'm Roy Disney, I can't believe I just said that!
What?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 23rd, 2006, 2:02 pm

Eisner may have had his flaws but I still believe he did a lot of good. I'm interested in what he has to say. If he wants to host a talk show, what's the big deal?

Plus he didn't exactly "destroy" animation, they just released a film that did pretty well, and they have more movies in the works. And Eisner didn't consciously or purposely "kill" 2d animation. It's just something that happened, it was a business decision. He didn't force DW, Blue Sky or Pixar to only make 3d, did he?
Last edited by ShyViolet on January 23rd, 2006, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 23rd, 2006, 2:03 pm

Mickey wrote:
Wendy's Jane wrote:Since I'm Roy Disney, I can't believe I just said that!
What?
Never mind. ;)

But in defense of ME, he wasn't the first one to kill 2D animation. In fact, all other major animation studios quit before Disney. Come to think of it, Disney is still doing 2D at the present moment, at least in the DTV world.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 23rd, 2006, 2:35 pm

As much as I dislike the choice he made to stop making traditionally animated films, I completly understand why he did it. CGI films (for the moment, at least) DO make more money than 2-D.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 23rd, 2006, 9:36 pm

Nevertheless, I don't know how many people are interested in seeing him host a talk show.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 23rd, 2006, 10:48 pm

Well, I'll just say that whatever else you want to say about him, he's not a boring guy. Especially when being interviewed--he has a very magnetic, weirdly charismatic vibe about him, whether you agree with him or not. It's almost creepy. It'll be interesting to see him asking the questions, that's for sure.

This ain't no Larry King Live! :wink: How boring is that man?

BTW just to point out, Eisner filled in for his friend Charlie Rose as guest host on the PBS show and interviewed John Travolta and Barry Diller. (his former boss/mentor at Paramount)