Disney Channel?

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney Channel?

Post by ShyViolet » January 26th, 2006, 4:45 pm

With all the changes that have been going on within WDFA and the Disney company, I can't help wondering what the Disney Channel will look like in six months. Will they cancel shows, make new ones, or ACTUALLY SHOW CLASSIC STUFF ON DISNEY AGAIN?????? :D :D

Your thoughts? :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 26th, 2006, 5:03 pm

That would be FRICKEN AWESOME. And with all the changes they've made in two days, why not?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » January 26th, 2006, 5:14 pm

Btw, everyone is aware that Kim Possible is coming back for a fourth season, right?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 26th, 2006, 5:17 pm

Yesh! Thank goodness.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 26th, 2006, 5:41 pm

I've never seen that show. :oops:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 26th, 2006, 5:55 pm

You should watch it sometime. It's flippin' SWEET!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » January 26th, 2006, 6:22 pm

Yeah it is quite good. Sure some things are cheesy (what's the sitch), but all in all ti's a solid show. It's funny (ron. I mean, oh my jesus), and the whole kim/ron thing WILL THEY WON'T THEY will hook you if you're a shipper.

ANd for the fellas... Black dress. That's all I'll say.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 26th, 2006, 6:22 pm

I personally do not care for any of the stuff that's on disney channel now (aside from the occasional Lilo & Stitch episode). I remember when I was younger, I used to come home and turn on DC for all the great shows. Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Talespin, Gummi Bears, Bonkers, Goof Troop, Dinosaurs, Muppets Tonight, plus all of the movies. And on weekends I would stay up late and watch Vault Disney (in fact, that's how I was able to tape the COMPLETE UNEDITED version of "Make Mine Music" with the Martins And The Coys segment intact). If only disney channel would get back to its roots and start showing decent stuff that isn't trying way too hard to be "cool" :roll: . It's probably too much to hope for.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 26th, 2006, 6:26 pm

If only disney channel would get back to its roots and start showing decent stuff that isn't trying way too hard to be "cool" . It's probably too much to hope for.
Hey, remember that's what people said about the things that are happening now! :wink:

I would love for them to show the classics, like Goofy/Mickey/Donald etc...DuckTales and Rescue Rangers would be great. Hey, I know they're on DVD but...I'm not exactly made of money. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » January 26th, 2006, 6:56 pm

remember the Disney Afternoon?

*sigh*

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » January 26th, 2006, 7:40 pm

I wouldn't expect any changes in the near future. Right now, their shows (including "That's so Raven", "Phil of the Future" and "The Suite Life of Zach & Cody") are very popular. TV schedules are based on ratings (and in DC's case, merchandice too). So no, I wouldn't expect any major changes anytime soon.
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 26th, 2006, 7:50 pm

I realize that, but I think if they showed classic Disney (shorts, movies) a few hours a day it would get a HUGE response and very high ratings. EVERYONE wants to see that.

Also, remember that both Disney Channel and Toon Disney REPEAT everything. They have an episode of Hercules or whatever and 3, then the same episode at 7 and the same one at midnight! (just an example)
There schedule is like: "That's so Raven, Playhouse Disney, Kim Possible, That's so Raven, Playhouse Disney, Kim Possible, etc, etc.." (Also just an example) A lot of duplicate shows. They can just trim it down a little, there's plenty of room. Also, does EVERYTHING on Disney get high ratings? There must be shows that don't.

Plus there's always late night when little kids aren't watching TV. They can start the classic stuff on at night, and if it's successful, move it up to daytime. That's my thought.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » January 27th, 2006, 5:22 am

I heard that a Classic Toon Disney Channel is being planned. It's just a rumour, so I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet. Plus, I heard that it seems to be DuckTales and Tale Spin stuff, and maybe not classic shorts.

Here's an idea from me; why not introduce a Playhouse Disney Channel (like there is in the UK), and then around 6 o'clock, change into a Vault Disney like channel until 6am? Each night, tackle a different decade; Monday is 50s, Tuesday is 60s, Wednesday is 70s, Thursday is 80s and Friday is 90s. Devote each night to Disney shorts, TV programmes, films and music from each decade. Then on weekend nights, devote the programming mainly to animation, with at least two animated classics/films with animation in them appearing each night unedited, in the right aspect ratio and sans commercials. On special events such as Christmas, they could devote a night mainly to a specific movie (probably one of the bigger ones), with similar cartoons, new documentaries and archival footage billing alongside the film. I quite like my idea. I actually made a commercial on the computer for it. :roll:
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by blackcauldron85 » June 6th, 2006, 10:08 am

A Classic Toon Disney Channel would be great. Since Disney Channel and Toon Disney are free these days, I think they should have their own Playhouse Disney Channel, 24/7 Preschool, Disney Channel, Toon Disney, Classic Toon Disney, Vault Disney Channel. Sure, some people would think it's an overload of Disney. I would like it, at least... :oops:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney

Post by Sez » July 19th, 2006, 2:38 pm

In the UK we have Disney Cinemagic and DC+1 then disney channel and the newest disney channel +1 :x they did cancel Tonn disney over here though and disney cinemagic is in my opinion poor :cry: :cry: WHY DID THEY CANCEL TOON :cry: :cry: