Scientology's Lawyers have no sense of humor...

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Scientology's Lawyers have no sense of humor...

Post by GeorgeC » March 14th, 2006, 4:26 pm

Read the front page about Isaac Hayes.

No big loss there, really.

If you're going to wuss out because a CULT'S lawyers threaten to sue you or reveal secrets you foolishly gave over to an organization that's using YOUR IMAGE to lull confused, naive people into signing over their lives to said cult ---...

Well, again, no big loss, there.

Chef can be recast or replaced by a new character.

Frankly, nothing major has been done with Chef in years.

Go Trey and Matt!

P.S. -- The SP Scientology episode is widely available on the web and is also being recast this week. More people have to see it to get what the fuss about Scientology.

I thought it was one of the better SP episodes done in a long time.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 14th, 2006, 4:39 pm

<3 Matt & Trey

They should just kill off Chef and replace him with Mr. Durp.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 14th, 2006, 4:56 pm

I don't watch South Park anyway, so I don't really care one way or another..although I'll have to agree with Matt and Trey on this one.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 14th, 2006, 6:21 pm

Chef is one of the easiest voices to impersonate.

Either they'll kill him off...or better yet find a new actor who doesn't mind turning Chef into a silly Scientology-worshipper!

That would really make Hayes mad! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 14th, 2006, 6:34 pm

Over at SomethingAwful, a lot of people suggest they give Chef a white girl's voice.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 15th, 2006, 7:43 am

Mac, what are the numbers in your sig supposed to mean?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 15th, 2006, 11:13 am

Sounds like he's "Lost" to me, in which case the question really IS "what are the numbers supposed to mean?" ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 15th, 2006, 2:33 pm

Ah-ha. I'm not a fan, so I wouldn't know...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 15th, 2006, 5:30 pm

You would remember... IF IT WERE TRUE!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 15th, 2006, 6:11 pm

Yeah, whatever.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » March 16th, 2006, 4:19 am

I would love the return of Mr Derp.... he was SO funny... that was the episode when Cartman had trouble with his vision.

Cartman: "Is it me, or does Chef look like a skinny white guy?"

:D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 17th, 2006, 5:49 pm

Go Trey and Matt!
I agree, I love South Park. It never bothered me when they poked fun at Jews. Hayes should know that it's all satire, this show's been on for nine years and scewed just about everyone and everything he only speaks up now becasue it happens to be his religion? What a hypocrite!
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » March 22nd, 2006, 11:45 am

I still freaking HATE Scientology.

Worst thing to happen to the world and the single biggest blemish on religion after Radical Islam.

More on the Isaac Hayes' mess... This has been out for a few days now, but ToonZone summarizes it nicely --
http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=9711

"Comedy Central has announced that James McElroy, a.k.a. "Chef," will be returning to South Park with this Wednesday's 10th season premiere episode. The episode synopsis states that Chef returns to the town, but Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny "notice that something about Chef seems different."

(Speculation: Chef's voice was recast. This may be the final appearance of the character. Who knows until after the show airs tonight?)

There is no word on who will be providing the voice of Chef in the episode.

UPDATE: A report by Roger Friedman on FoxNews.com, posted on Monday, suggests that Isaac Hayes did not quit South Park after all, but that "someone quit it for him." As corroborating evidence, Friedman cites Hayes' performance of a raunchy South Park song at the Memphis Blues Ball last November and comments about the Scientology episode in a January interview with Hayes at the Onion A.V. Club."

So, his CHURCH (IF you want to call it that -- a Cult's a Cult -- LEGITIMATE RELIGIONS believe in free will and DON'T dictate your day-to-day financial dealings and FORCE you to give up jobs ASAP) told him he had to quit it?

There are stories Hayes' health hasn't been great for a while and that he had a stroke last January. There are also reports he gets ZILCH for his hit songs and scores from his 1970s projects and that South Park was a major source of income for him.

If this gossip is even half-true, Scientology sucks even more than I thought it did...

This "Church" has to get its tax-free status revoked ASAP.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 22nd, 2006, 12:38 pm

There was a press release or something yesterday saying that Chef's voice is not being recast for this episode, but rather, Matt & Trey are using old recordings of Chef.

I'm not sure what Scientologists are trying to accomplish here. Because they certainly aren't being succesful with bringing down South Park or getting in their way. Infact, they seem to be providing the most promotion for this show. This new episode tonight is getting SO much hype, it's ridiculous. I can't wait to see it.

Matt & Trey are amazing.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 22nd, 2006, 4:50 pm

Matt & Trey are amazing.
Totally. :wink:

Funny, the one thing I remember most about the very first episode of SP is the randy/sexual song that Chef sings: "You...and me....sim-ul-tan-eously...." :P

So, his CHURCH (IF you want to call it that -- a Cult's a Cult -- LEGITIMATE RELIGIONS believe in free will and DON'T dictate your day-to-day financial dealings and FORCE you to give up jobs ASAP) told him he had to quit it?

There are stories Hayes' health hasn't been great for a while and that he had a stroke last January. There are also reports he gets ZILCH for his hit songs and scores from his 1970s projects and that South Park was a major source of income for him.

If this gossip is even half-true, Scientology sucks even more than I thought it did...
That's so bad, :( and I don't believe they're a legit religion either.
IMO they're about three steps away from that Heaven's Gate cult that commited mass suicide back in 1997.

Kinda makes you re-evaluate the whole thing with Tom Cruise, maybe he's been brainwashed too??? But then he was always a little, uh, shall we say...unique?

I still can't believe he's making Katie have a "silent birth" with no drugs.

Words that will always be (famously or imfamously) remembered:

Chef: Hello, children!
Boys: Hi, Chef!

EDIT: According to some internet news sources Tom Cruise threatened Comedy Central into not showing the encore presentation of the Scientology episode, or he would pull all the Mission: Impossable 3 ads from their station.

However, the episode is on youtube.com, I think. As well as clips on the Comedy Central site.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!