Family Guy

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Seth McFarlane Interview

Post by Ilsoap » April 22nd, 2005, 10:31 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7549888/

Interview with Seth McFarlane about Family Guy and American Dad. Doesn't include much that fans don't already know, but worth reading anyways.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 22nd, 2005, 3:47 pm

MacFarlane freely acknowledges his influences and inspirations. He’s a fan of “The Simpsons” and of Gary Larson’s “The Far Side” cartoons, in which the “animals were always drawn completely real. If you look at his cows, there’s nothing cartoony about them — other than that they are standing on their hind legs. But those leg joints are like real cows, only these have names like Warren, Paul and Steve.”
sweet. The far side is amazing.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Family Guy is Back!

Post by AniMan » May 1st, 2005, 9:55 pm

Just watched the season premiere (and return) of The Family Guy and I've got to say, the show has still got it! Laughed out loud through almost the whole show. Very, very funny stuff. Hope it manages to have a much longer run this time around on Fox. If not, at least it will continue on Cartoon Network. Also watched American Dad which followed it Sunday night. I thought it was much funnier this time around than the couple of episodes I saw earlier this year (or was that last year?). I actually found myself laughing quite a bit, and out loud at that. Writing seems to have improved some, and the show seems like it is evolving some, starting to come into its own. Still, Family Guy is still far better.
And then there's the Simpsons.. WHOO-HOO! :wink:
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » May 1st, 2005, 9:57 pm

First off, American Dad = STILL much funnier than I thought it was going to be.
The Simpsons = THE SHOW IS FUNNY AGAIN! :D

FAMILY GUY:

The show is back, BETTER THAN EVER!
Hell, even the way they started the episodes, COMPLETELY bashing Fox... I'm so glad family guy is back.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » May 2nd, 2005, 9:22 am

You and me both, Macaluso! As Peter Griffin would say, "Frickin' sweet!" :lol:
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » May 2nd, 2005, 9:34 am

Macaluso wrote:FAMILY GUY:

The show is back, BETTER THAN EVER!
Hell, even the way they started the episodes, COMPLETELY bashing Fox... I'm so glad family guy is back.
Oh, the jabs at Fox were hilarious!! I love when Peter is running down the list of shows that Fox would have to cancel for them to pick up Family Guy again, and all the shows are shows that tanked quickly! "Then maybe we'd have a shot." Who wouldn't find that funny?? :lol:
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 12th, 2005, 3:26 pm

I've actually come around on this show a little, I still find a lot of it tasteless and a shameless rip-off of the The Simpsons but it does make me laugh a lot sometimes...especially Stewie! "Victory is mine!"

I loved the episode when they all got powers a la Fantastic Four. Very weird, surreal! That episode actually made fun of Randy Newman's musical style: "He's right over there, just singing about what he sees." Kind of mean but it was sort of funny too.

It's just so dumb but...I don't know. It IS funny. I love Chris and Meg, they are awesome! :)
Last edited by ShyViolet on July 14th, 2005, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 12th, 2005, 4:26 pm

"scrub scrub here, scrub scrub there. Whether you're white or bronze! A man can wash another man, in the merry ol' land of Oz!"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » July 15th, 2005, 4:18 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I've actually come around on this show a little, I still find a lot of it tasteless and a shameless rip-off of the The Simpsons but it does make me laugh a lot sometimes...especially Stewie! "Victory is mine!"

I loved the episode when they all got powers a la Fantastic Four. Very weird, surreal! That episode actually made fun of Randy Newman's musical style: "He's right over there, just singing about what he sees." Kind of mean but it was sort of funny too.

It's just so dumb but...I don't know. It IS funny. I love Chris and Meg, they are awesome! :)
See Vi? That's what it all about in the end --- does it make you laugh? It seems to be a definitive yes! :lol:
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 18th, 2005, 8:58 pm

Yeah, and one thing I really like (although not everyone does) is the 70's/80's tv/cartoon/commercial references which are just so funny....like, Peter beats up that animated Hunka Cheese guy from the Saturday Morning public service ads telling you to eat right....I hadn't even THOUGHT of that for years. (He looks like a cheeseball with a cowboy hat and has skinny legs. You know who I mean.)

Ah, the weird, innocuous 80's.... :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 18th, 2005, 10:17 pm

Family Guy did an AMAZING parody, yesterday, of the music video to "Take on me" by Aha from the 80s

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 26th, 2005, 4:28 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Menace » July 30th, 2005, 10:28 am

AniMan wrote:
ShyViolet wrote:I've actually come around on this show a little, I still find a lot of it tasteless and a shameless rip-off of the The Simpsons but it does make me laugh a lot sometimes...especially Stewie! "Victory is mine!"

See Vi? That's what it all about in the end --- does it make you laugh? It seems to be a definitive yes! :lol:
Unfortunately, some of us are far more analytical than we need to be when it comes to the whole gist of the show/movie.

GeorgeC

Family Guy: The Movie out tomorrow on DVD!

Post by GeorgeC » September 26th, 2005, 11:34 pm

Technically it is Family Guy Presents - Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story, but everybody's going to call it Family Guy: The Movie or The Family Guy Movie.

Might be worth a rental.

It will be aired later on TV as part of the 4th (5th?) season of Family Guy. It'll be broken into 3 episodes and you can bet some of the dialogue will be bleeped or redubbed for TV broadcast.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 27th, 2005, 4:20 pm

I'd rather see The Simpsons movie. :roll: