Family Guy

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Re: Family Guy

Post by Dacey » December 16th, 2013, 3:58 pm

I love how many internet comments are spinning this a "response" to fan outrage. They do know that these episodes are produced a year before they air, right?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 17th, 2013, 5:13 am

Well, they're written and boarded around 9-12 months before they air, but then it takes that amount of time for them to actually be produced...usually they're done ahead of time but sometimes changes can be made just weeks before transmission. In this case, you're right though...these decisions were made at the beginning of this year at the latest! :)

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » June 4th, 2014, 5:43 pm

One of the writer's in the automotive section of The New Zealand Herald newspaper is named Peter Griffin. :) (One of the Advertising Managers for the UK's MacFormat magazine used to be someone named George Lucas and, although not famous, their current Art Director is Steve Gotobed.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 30th, 2019, 7:43 pm

Trailer for season 18:

Mixed bag of clips!

Peter and Quagmire being covered by cats was pretty funny. The Herbert joke was ok... easily the worst - The Poseidon Adventure riff. Chad's head being cut off from the oar was bad enough, it led to an overly long gag of Chris trying to throw the head back to Meg. Ugh. Stretched out gags and gore do not mix! (unless it happens to be a chicken fight) Reminds me of the scene of Peter and the whale. Now that was beyond unsettling...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » July 31st, 2019, 12:33 pm

The Beavis and Butthead clip was the best :mrgreen:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 26th, 2020, 11:07 pm

And Cleveland too...

https://deadline.com/2020/06/family-guy ... 202971407/

I mean, the character's personality pretty much comes from Henry's delivery. Doesn't this mean whoever they end up re-casting will simply be doing an imitation of something Henry has been doing for twenty years?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 27th, 2020, 6:28 am

And now it’s The Simpsons:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... er-1300742

Love how they compound the issue by giving the word white a capital W. Just to, you know, make it obvious.

Next: I don’t think able-bodied people should be playing disabled people. Daniel Day Lewis needs to give his Oscar back. Tom Hanks should have been gay and contracted AIDS for real if he had wanted to be in Philadelphia. Make him give his Oscar back. All those LOTR hobbit people? Discrimination against genuine little people! Remove them from streaming! And I can tell in his performance that Tom Holland hasn’t really been bitten by a radioactive spider. Find someone who has! And how dare they now cast someone of Filipino heritage as the voice of a rabbit ostensibly from Brooklyn? Oh, wait, that last one must be okay...

It is, in an appropriate word, looney. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 27th, 2020, 11:34 am

Wow. Honestly...no words. :shock: (Well, looney does sum it up pretty well!)

Even though (as far as I know since I really only watched until Season 10) Carl Carlson was never a major character, I always liked him. Also isn’t he best friends with Lenny or something? Isn’t Lenny supposed to be the less intelligent one?

The only other thing I have to say: Funny how they mention Bumblebee Man (well actually I think Azaria played every Hispanic character on the series) since as a Sephardic Jew Azaria grew up speaking Ladino (a mixture of Spanish, Hebrew, and Arabic that uses the Hebrew alphabet) which was really why his accent was always so spot-on. But I guess that’s just “not good enough.” :roll: :? :|

Agador in The Birdcage from 1996 was actually partially inspired by Azaria’s grandmother, at least the accent and personality. One of the best film characters ever, in my opinion. His deliveries were FLAWLESS. “May I take your purse, as usual, or....for the first time?” Lol. :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 27th, 2020, 1:42 pm

Utter nonsense. If Henry really feels this is the right thing to do then so be it, my gut is telling me this decision is being done out of a sense of fear and guilt. Honestly, why should someone feel guilty for bringing joy and laughter to people this long? He basically created the character, it was his idea for the way he spoke. Just wrong. Keep that mindset if you must going forward, don't change something that has been established for years.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 27th, 2020, 1:53 pm

I'm sure there are Filipinos in Brooklyn....

But yeah, we are witnessing a cultural revolution that may or may not be necessary. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 27th, 2020, 2:32 pm

Daniel wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 1:42 pm
Honestly, why should someone feel guilty for bringing joy and laughter to people this long? He basically created the character, it was his idea for the way he spoke. Just wrong. Keep that mindset if you must going forward, don't change something that has been established for years.

Yeah, I mean Cleveland was a great character not simply because he was so perceptive with a quietly wicked sense of humor, but because he was just so human and relatable. And like you said, Dan, that character gave joy/laughter (which seems to be getting harder to come by these days :?) to so many for so long.

If I were Henry I would say: “Yeah, but I AM a human being, as is Cleveland. I know exactly what THAT FEELS LIKE, because I play one every day!” :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 27th, 2020, 4:12 pm

All I can think of now is this song from his spin-off:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Lee17 » September 20th, 2020, 1:51 am

Is Family Guy owned by Disney?
The Official website of Azerbaijan ETA and Azerbaijan Tourist Visa. Fill the application form for E-visa Azerbaijan.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 20th, 2020, 4:35 am

It is now, yes, after they bought 20th Century.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 26th, 2020, 2:51 pm

We have our new Cleveland Brown, Arif Zahir. Here's a clip of his take. Sounds pretty close so that's something...